Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
dealer called me yesterday! Looks like it’s on a train car headed for Kirby Texas, two weeks estimated shipping time. Ordered the ZL one license plate holder that mounts on the tow hook receptacle, anybody have any problems getting that installed? also ordered the deluxe widebody rock guards with small and large clips anybody got any advice on installing those, do the wheels need to come off? Looks like it’s getting closer so I’m pretty excited.
ZL1 License plate holder: Try and find a place that rents lifts and tools by the hour. Doing this while laying on the floor would really suck. Despite what they say, removing ALL the clips will not allow you to remove the front air dam. Ask me how I know. Measure twice, drill once! I ended up buying a riv-nut gun from Harbor Freight to hold the tow hook block on, and used shorter bolts to go into those riv-nuts. I only drilled thru the bottom of the crossmember. You'll need real short drill bits, too, plus 3 hands to be able to pull down the airdam that's in the way, AND drill the holes. I also enlarged the holes in the tow hook block to help with aligning it. You can do it!

Did you buy their license plate bracket? I did, but had a guy in my shop shorten it, reweld it and bent it 90 degrees. I also bought a big SS Steel bolt to hold it on the receiver. The one they provide will rust right away.

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack Widebody
28 Posts
ZL1 License plate holder: Try and find a place that rents lifts and tools by the hour. Doing this while laying on the floor would really suck. Despite what they say, removing ALL the clips will not allow you to remove the front air dam. Ask me how I know. Measure twice, drill once! I ended up buying a riv-nut gun from Harbor Freight to hold the tow hook block on, and used shorter bolts to go into those riv-nuts. I only drilled thru the bottom of the crossmember. You'll need real short drill bits, too, plus 3 hands to be able to pull down the airdam that's in the way, AND drill the holes. I also enlarged the holes in the tow hook block to help with aligning it. You can do it!

Did you buy their license plate bracket? I did, but had a guy in my shop shorten it, reweld it and bent it 90 degrees. I also bought a big SS Steel bolt to hold it on the receiver. The one they provide will rust right away.

View attachment 1018347
Yikes.....l am going to be in San Antonio when I get it, looks like I will have my work cut out for me. I have access to a garage so I hope I can do it before I drive very far. Thank you very much for the tips and the heads up.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
190 Posts
Me too wasnt sure I’d like it but man I’m really happy with the decision.. I also made them swap rims I didn’t like the white ones at all
Huh, didn't notice the rim swap. Not a fan of the silver either. Surprised they swapped them out for you. Good decision.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Huh, didn't notice the rim swap. Not a fan of the silver either. Surprised they swapped them out for you. Good decision.
Yeah tires and rims I had just put the new DSW’s on and I like them a lot better then the stock.. gonna throw some vibrant 1794’s on it can’t wait.. I had the bullets on my 18 and it sounded great but I’ve heard these sound even better

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Get that beauty out there and put some real miles on it. Don’t save it for the next guy!
Being my grandson's daycare provider really eats into my free time. What little free time I have had lately has been eaten up with rewiring my '71 Charger's dash and front lighting.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,926 Posts
My wife and I are daycare for our 3 month old grandson, but I still manage to get the car out. If you are babysitting solo, then I hear you. If your grandson is past infant stage, perhaps a ride now and then with the little man will prime him to be a Mopar owner? Plus he’ll learn just how cool his grandad is!

219 Posts
My wife and I are daycare for our 3 month old grandson, but I still manage to get the car out. If you are babysitting solo, then I hear you. If your grandson is past infant stage, perhaps a ride now and then with the little man will prime him to be a Mopar owner? Plus he’ll learn just how cool his grandad is!
That makes a perfect bonding moment for the two of you. And who knows, soon enough he'll love Mopars too 😉

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
369 Posts
Some of my kids earliest memories are cruising around in my 71 Chargers. They still wish I had them.

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Being my grandson's daycare provider really eats into my free time. What little free time I have had lately has been eaten up with rewiring my '71 Charger's dash and front lighting.
So can the little man identify wire gauge yet?
Hope you enjoy every minute with him, you’re helping to shape him into being a car guy.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts