Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, im new to this, and i have several questions on upgrading my 2009 challenger r/t.

im trying to find the best CAI for the buck. I have researched several and have read many many forums. i want the most hp gain from this CAI. Anyone willing to share what they have and how much HP it has produced

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im trying to find the best CAI for the buck. I have researched several and have read many many forums. i want the most hp gain from this CAI. Anyone willing to share what they have and how much HP it has produced

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Like itzrick said, CAI don't really get that much of HP gain, like around 5. But they do let your car breath without the restrictions of the stock intake. Also you will notice this as your exhaust note will change a little. One of the best ways to had horsepower is with a CAI and Predator Tuner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, so the info the k&n saying it gives you 21 more horses is bs? I do like the MOPAR CAI better

·
Registered
232 Posts
CAI

I purchased K&N over the Mopar for two reasons.

1. Cost
2. K&N has the plastic tube which won't conduct as much engine heat as the Mopar metal tube.

I agree that the Mother Mopars CAI looks better but then again... who ever said "good looks" gave you lower e.t.'s?

K&N has a good fit and installs in less than thirty minutes.
No... I do not work for K&N.

StevoHemi

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

my preference is like the ones that RDP Motorsport sells one of the vendors on the site :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts