Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last Friday I parked my 2 year old, 46K mile daily driver Scat Pack, picked up a rental car, and on Saturday morning headed out 4 hours to pick up a new Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon. I've wanted one for 20 years, found a great deal, and pulled the trigger. It's awesome, for what it is, and I love it. But it's slow, bouncy, has light, pedestrian steering. Bottom line: It's a Jeep. I'm not complaining about all these things, I know what I was getting into, but just making a comparison.

I drove the Wrangler for the past week entirely and for the first time last night decided to knock the rust off the Challenger. HOLY CRAP, it feels like a totally new car. The heavy, short clutch travel and heavy Sport mode steering just feels awesome again, the Barton short throw shifter feels even shorter now. It's just a whole new experience all over again after conditioning myself to the new Wrangler.

So, in buying a new daily driver Wrangler, I've also created an all new driving experience in my Scat Pack. It's like I got two new cars.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
So, last Friday I parked my 2 year old, 46K mile daily driver Scat Pack, picked up a rental car, and on Saturday morning headed out 4 hours to pick up a new Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon. I've wanted one for 20 years, found a great deal, and pulled the trigger. It's awesome, for what it is, and I love it. But it's slow, bouncy, has light, pedestrian steering. Bottom line: It's a Jeep. I'm not complaining about all these things, I know what I was getting into, but just making a comparison.

I drove the Wrangler for the past week entirely and for the first time last night decided to knock the rust off the Challenger. HOLY CRAP, it feels like a totally new car. The heavy, short clutch travel and heavy Sport mode steering just feels awesome again, the Barton short throw shifter feels even shorter now. It's just a whole new experience all over again after conditioning myself to the new Wrangler.

So, in buying a new daily driver Wrangler, I've also created an all new driving experience in my Scat Pack. It's like I got two new cars.

Funny, I experience the same thing swapping back and forth between my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. Like yours, both of mine are 6-speeds.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Occasionally I fly out for a work trip and drive a rental car for a few days. When I come back I realize how bad ass my car really is. None of the little quirks no longer annoy me and it feels like a new car.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Try swapping between a 2003 Durango and Scat Pack. Lol, I get a huge smile every time I start the SP up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
I have my 2012 Yellow Jacket, my 2016 Wrangler Oscar Mike and a 2015 Nissan Frontier, all are 6 speeds and I like each one for the reason I bought it. True, my favorite is my SRT but it gets used less than 2000 miles a season and I don't worry about where I park the other two and the Jeep has thousands in mods done to it so I do take great care of it but not like the Challenger where it's always within visual distance. I don't sit and think wow, I'd rather be driving the car. Even the truck for work puts a smile on my face since it has that third pedal. I'm even considering a Ram 2500 Cummings so I can get a six speed in it. Scary to think it costs more than an SRT, I guess it's because trucks are "in", they used to be work vehicles.

·
Registered
512 Posts
same here. I switch between my lifted Jeep and R/T every couple of weeks until the snow starts flying. Then it's full time Jeep.

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Actually, the less I drive it the more I appreciate it and look forward to driving it.
If I drove it on a frequent basis, I'd feel bored of it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, the less I drive it the more I appreciate it and look forward to driving it.

If I drove it on a frequent basis, I'd feel bored of it.

That's how I was getting without even realizing it.

I appreciate it a lot more now for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I actually get into ANY vehicle, drive it for a while, then get back into my T/A, and I get the same feeling. Ain't nothing like it!

·
Vendor
5,687 Posts
I feel the same way! Even though my Wrangler is supercharged, it's so refreshing to get into my Challenger and drive it. Nothing like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts