Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from western ny but I bought my '08 from Savage Dodge in Reading Pa, wasn't the best experience I had, but the deal was good. I got out of work one day and driving past the dodge dealership, I stopped to take a closer look at a detonator yellow that just came out. Mind you, I'm a machine repairman in an engine factory that's typically dirty after work and I had a 1990 Dodge dynasty beater at the time. I was looking at the sticker and the salesman, around 60yrs old white hair and huge aviator glasses, said to me "sure is nice to wish", and I asked "what" I thought I heard him wrong and then he said "that's a 40grand car, not 2grand one" and said "ok" and left. The next time I took my srt out, I stopped in, and by chance I saw the manager when I walked in, I pointed at the white haired guy and said "he told me I couldn't afford one so I went somewhere else got one". Never went there again

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
There are scumbags out there.I had the same experience awhile back looking at a GMC pick up.I would bet I make more money then most car salesmen.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Lol, awesome. Love how you pulled the Pretty Woman on those bitches afterwards.

We were shopping around for a new SUV before we figured out the new Durango was the best option. A Ford salesman wouldn't even let us test drive an explorer because we told him up front we weren't buying for a couple months, so we left and never came back. The short-sightedness of some people is incredible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Wow that guy was real jerk.

My friend a couple years ago was looking for new diesel pickup, stopped by the Ford dealer with his overalls and dirty cap on and they didn't even give him the time of day, went across town, found his truck, bought it then drove back to the first dealer and showed to the manager his new truck that he bought elsewhere because of the treatment he got, would have loved to have been there and seen that lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are scumbags out there.I had the same experience awhile back looking at a GMC pick up.I would bet I make more money then most car salesmen.
Money is money no matter how dirty you look. Warren Buffet drove a K CAr the last time I saw him on TV

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I ran into the same thing when I bought my 09 R/T. I had gone in between cutting grass and weed whacking. The finance manager told me to my face he didn't think I could afford the car. Next day I pulled up in a brand new 09 I bought from another dealer.

That manager is no longer there. When I bought my 14 Shaker, I asked for a different salesman.. got him and told him what had happened. He wasn't too happy to hear it either. Only reason I went back to the first dealer was because it was closer to home should I need service. I couldn't see driving an hour and a half for an oil change, those of which I get free for the life of the car.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Between Jamestown and Dunkirk/Fredonia
You're not that far from me.. we should plan a meet somewhere local w/ hopes some of the neighboring Shaker folks could join in too.. I know there's a few in Ohio, PA and NY.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not to one up anyone's story, but the best I ever heard was in my former town on Long Island, N.Y. Took place in the late 50's The people involved owned 1/2 the town at one time in the past.
Two brothers (farmers) dressed in overalls went into the local Cadillac dealer and in short time were told they couldn't afford a new Cadillac. They walked out, crossed the street, went into a Chrysler Dealership, bought TWO new Chrysler 300's - for cash. Then drove up in front of the Cadillac dealership and beeped the horns until they had the attention of every sales person inside, waved and drove off. The brothers also owned orange groves in Florida. It's that old moral; don't judge the book by the cover!

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
I had just hand dug a drainage trench and ran to home depot to buy pipe, I had work boots on and was wearing shorts so my legs were muddy. After leaving the store I have to pass the local Dodge dealership so I decide to stop in and get a Challenger brochure. I walked up to the one salesman who didn't look smarmy and told him I want to buy an SRT but do not play dealer games and if he can abide by that I will use him as my salesman. I believe it's how you present yourself because he didn't blow me off or doubt my ability to pay, he tracked my car from the factory and kept me up to date all without a deposit. The car arrived over a week early and all went smoothly. I actually enjoyed sitting and talking to him, he was nothing like you'd expect of a salesman.

Reactions: iamawild1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts