Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Challenger guys and gals!! I am here to get the best info I can regarding a purchase to be made in the next 60 days and become part of this community. I have owner Vipers so I'm familiar with the Dodge product but not very with the Challenger. Usually I'm the type to get the most car possible but I am thinking instead of a Hellcat (I won't be drag racing) I should buy the Scatpack. It seems like lots of car for the money, I built a 2021 online for around 56k which is about 20k less than a Hellcat would run. I guess my question is aside from bragging rights am I missing a reason to spend the extra 20k? Thanks in advance and am looking forward to being on your forum. Also am going with Smoke Show for color, anyone have and what are your thoughts? Best, Dan

·
Premium Member
11,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dan!

The Scat Pack is a great car with a ton of power and can always be a building platform if you choose. The Hellcat is a great option too, if you are looking for a car with that amount of power and of course the factory warranty is nice too. I agree with you that the SP is a lot of car for a pretty dang good price most of the time. We have seen people getting them for in the mid to high 40's. Also Smoke Show is a great color!

- Alexis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, Dan!

The Scat Pack is a great car with a ton of power and can always be a building platform if you choose. The Hellcat is a great option too, if you are looking for a car with that amount of power and of course the factory warranty is nice too. I agree with you that the SP is a lot of car for a pretty dang good price most of the time. We have seen people getting them for in the mid to high 40's. Also Smoke Show is a great color!

- Alexis
Thank you Alexis! I am of the same logic as yours and it's always great to hear from owners. When you mention the factory warranty is the Hellcat longer?
I do know the rebate on the H/C is larger so the margin will narrow a bit. As for Smoke Show I too think it's an awesome color, Ford had an Avalanche Grey that I loved.

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
Of the value conscious people I see making YouTube videos on test drives, Scat Pack has the edge.

Smoke Show would be a great choice if you decide to put some black graphics on the exterior for that element against the gray (if that's your thing). You have more factory options for that than I did for my 2015.

You're a lucky guy to order it from the factory. I was a lucky guy because my first owner did it right (I'm second owner).

Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Grass

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Challenger guys and gals!! I am here to get the best info I can regarding a purchase to be made in the next 60 days and become part of this community. I have owner Vipers so I'm familiar with the Dodge product but not very with the Challenger. Usually I'm the type to get the most car possible but I am thinking instead of a Hellcat (I won't be drag racing) I should buy the Scatpack. It seems like lots of car for the money, I built a 2021 online for around 56k which is about 20k less than a Hellcat would run. I guess my question is aside from bragging rights am I missing a reason to spend the extra 20k? Thanks in advance and am looking forward to being on your forum. Also am going with Smoke Show for color, anyone have and what are your thoughts? Best, Dan
WOW, I couldn't have wrote it any better. That is my issue currently. Brother has a Scatpack and loves it. I'm the baby brother. part of me once to one-up and the other side is okay with the same. Thanks for you post Dan

·
Premium Member
10,543 Posts
WOW, I couldn't have wrote it any better. That is my issue currently. Brother has a Scatpack and loves it. I'm the baby brother. part of me once to one-up and the other side is okay with the same. Thanks for you post Dan
There’s nothing to one up, it’s just perfect as it is and anything above is just making Dodge wealthier for no appreciable gain. Now who has the hotter girlfriend or wife is game on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Years back when the v-twin imitation cruiser motorcycles came out I knew guys that bought them. Their ownership experience consisted of questions of why they didn't buy a Harley and endless excuses about this is better, that is better, and it cost less. Blah, blah, blah. They ended up on Harleys. When I got back into bikes... straight to a Harley.

After a disappointing C7 Corvette, I decided on a Challenger because I had big block Mopars back in my youth. Didn't want to entertain the "is that a Hellcat?" questions and didn't want to makes excuses for not buying one. I still got asked a couple times if it is a Hellcat but all I have to do is grin and say, "Yes sir, it sure is." and the conversation starts. Scat Packs are great cars but if you have had Vipers, the choice is simple.

Oh, by the way. That whine... it's real and it's spectacular.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There’s nothing to one up, it’s just perfect as it is and anything above is just making Dodge wealthier for no appreciable gain. Now who has the hotter girlfriend or wife is game on!
I throw my hat in the ring!! As for the one up I was on the fence about the Hellcat but realize it's not going to get used the way it should be so the SP wins. Plus i can buy my gal something nice with the extra loot. lol
Tire Wheel Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
598 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Dan. I’m a firm believer in getting what makes you happy. Both the Scat Pack and the Hellcat are amazing cars. For me, I’ve always wanted a Scat Pack with a Shaker and that’s exactly what I got. I feel it has the right amount of power and speed for everything I could’ve dreamed of. My best advice for you would be to test drive them both and see which one you love better. The Scat Pack is a great model to build upon. It has a great platform & I think Smoke Show is a fantastic color.

Reactions: Viperdan

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky! I bought a Scat Pack because I knew I would never use the power of the Hellcat. Driving the Scat Pack reminds me of the muscle cars I have owned in the past with the creature comforts that they didn't have but I can appreciate now at young age of 64. But you have to decide what is right for you....

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I notice the three cars pictured in this thread all have fog lights, when I built a car online they don't seem to be offered. Thoughts??
It's the Hellcat's that don't have fog lights. That area is used for engine cooling instead.

I'm guessing you want a car with all the bells and whistles? I ask because you can get a bare bones Hellcat for less than 60K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Years back when the v-twin imitation cruiser motorcycles came out I knew guys that bought them. Their ownership experience consisted of questions of why they didn't buy a Harley and endless excuses about this is better, that is better, and it cost less. Blah, blah, blah. They ended up on Harleys. When I got back into bikes... straight to a Harley.

After a disappointing C7 Corvette, I decided on a Challenger because I had big block Mopars back in my youth. Didn't want to entertain the "is that a Hellcat?" questions and didn't want to makes excuses for not buying one. I still got asked a couple times if it is a Hellcat but all I have to do is grin and say, "Yes sir, it sure is." and the conversation starts. Scat Packs are great cars but if you have had Vipers, the choice is simple.

Oh, by the way. That whine... it's real and it's spectacular.

It's the Hellcat's that don't have fog lights. That area is used for engine cooling instead.

I'm guessing you want a car with all the bells and whistles? I ask because you can get a bare bones Hellcat for less than 60K.
Here is the car I built, no fogs.
Tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Hood

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky! I bought a Scat Pack because I knew I would never use the power of the Hellcat. Driving the Scat Pack reminds me of the muscle cars I have owned in the past with the creature comforts that they didn't have but I can appreciate now at young age of 64. But you have to decide what is right for you....
All ages are young, just depends on what amount of humble you choose. I"m kinda stuck on "geezer". I'm knowing much older ones than me, but I like their company.

This geezer is looking at 62 on Saturday, but got my SP at a young geezer age of 60.

It's my fountain of youth :cool:.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,215 Posts
Happy early Birthday! 🥳 You're not old, less than 2 years older than me ;)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts