Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my “new” 2016 R/T Plus (there doesn’t seem to be a lot of “Plusses” out there) six weeks ago.

Today I was waiting in a drive-through (for my mom’s med – NEVER food in THIS car) when I noticed an odd outcropping in the dots or “frit” at the edge of the front windshield. I wondered what function it served and when I leaned forward, I notice that it was the outline of a Challenger!

What a funny, clever and odd thing to do. I doubt the Japanese or Germans would do that, unless Mercedes had a larger role in the Challenger’s development than I know back when they owned Chrysler.

Why is it there? What years? Is it mentioned officially anywhere? Do most owner know about it or no?

I won’t mention where in the frit it is in case you want to hunt for it yourself.

Just another thing that gives the Challenger such personality!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I bought my “new” 2016 R/T Plus (there doesn’t seem to be a lot of “Plusses” out there) six weeks ago.

Today I was waiting in a drive-through (for my mom’s med – NEVER food in THIS car) when I noticed an odd outcropping in the dots or “frit” at the edge of the front windshield. I wondered what function it served and when I leaned forward, I notice that it was the outline of a Challenger!

What a funny, clever and odd thing to do. I doubt the Japanese or Germans would do that, unless Mercedes had a larger role in the Challenger’s development than I know back when they owned Chrysler.

Why is it there? What years? Is it mentioned officially anywhere? Do most owner know about it or no?

I won’t mention where in the frit it is in case you want to hunt for it yourself.

I have a 2015 RT plus ,, do like all the things Dodge has hidden
Did you notice the hook when fulling your challenger up ??
Enjoy every mile

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No! I thought I had to let the cap dangle which killed me. I'll go look for it! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have a 2015 RT plus ,, do like all the things Dodge has hidden
Did you notice the hook when fulling your challenger up ??
Enjoy every mile

No and no. Didn't notice either. I will look............................whenever it gets nice out. Not soon!
Thanks all.

Spose you all noticed the honeycomb marker lights.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
No and no. Didn't notice either. I will look............................whenever it gets nice out. Not soon!
Thanks all.

Spose you all noticed the honeycomb marker lights.
Or how the knob on the dash barely dims the footwell lights. I don't think my RT+ has the honeycomb side markers...I think that is an SP thing.

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts

The underside of the console lid has the Dodge Brothers Est. 1914 - another "Easter Egg".

The designers work these into various parts of cars. These can be nods to past models, a mascot, or some other item that might a logo, etc.

On Jeeps, there's numerous "Easter Eggs" hidden. Some are in headlight lenses, bezels, tail lights and window frit / borders. There's some console / bin mats that have various off road trails molded into them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,892 Posts
1st time I saw the Challenger from inside, I remember thinking "but the gas fill is on the wrong side?". It's on the correct side from the outside, DOH!

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
My wife pointed that little car on the window out the first morning after we bought Beatrice.

I’ll have to look in the console for the Dodge Brothers thing.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Or how the knob on the dash barely dims the footwell lights. I don't think my RT+ has the honeycomb side markers...I think that is an SP thing.
Thats strange. My '16 RT (base) has the honeycomb side markers.

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
Well the according to mopar parts discount, the RT and SP have the same side marker part number but I am not seeing the honeycomb structure on mine...I will check again tonight and take a pic.
If you have just the parking lights on (at night) you'll see the honeycomb pattern the light casts on the ground. Looking at them straight on you won't notice as much.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
If you have just the parking lights on (at night) you'll see the honeycomb pattern the light casts on the ground. Looking at them straight on you won't notice as much.
Yup, I remember someone posting a pic at night showing it cast a honey comb structure on the ground but I don't recall seeing it on mine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts