Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm Domingo, 16 years old.

I been a lurker here for awhile, and finally decided to join. I know you are prolly going to ask why a kid is on a Challenger forum when he doesn't own one. Well, I love muscle cars (especially modern ones) and I think the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang all are great cars and I appreciate that they are back again so we can all have our own piece of the modern muscle age and relive what the old-timers had when they were young.

I currently have my 2011 Mustang, but I am really starting to fall in love with the Challengers (I have been dreaming of the Mopar 10 in blue stripes :) ). I am here because I hope to one day purchase a Challenger and I kinda just like to read about cars online. :p

I really hope I don't get killed on the Mustang forums for becoming a member on here, people are really rough over there. My first post over on the Mustang forums got me 25 pages of hate messages about my car and my age, lol.

Anyways ya'll seem WAY more calm and helpfull than the Mustang people are to me, and I hope to become a part of the community here and enjoy reading and posting.

:pimp:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm sorta a dreamer too man, no worries. At least you drive a nice car. I'm a 21 year old college student who drives a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. :( But I've got a good amount saved up right now and will have even more when I plan on buying a used RT come April (should be able to put $20k down by then).

Welcome,

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you in college for? And yes, I am starting to wish I had gotten the challenger, I came inches from getting a SRT8 Hemi Orange, but I got in trouble at school and my parents (rightly) refused to get it for me. I learned a lesson from that and now I have the stang. Anyway ever since I saw the mopar 10 online I have been stalking it on ebay and youtube and dreaming about having one. The sad thing is the Mopar 10 is cheaper than my car, so had I waited to get a car I could have prolly got it instead. (But then again, I love my car, so it's kind of a moot point.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Welcome Ace.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
welcome, your not the only one on here that don't have a Challenger and as long as you don't start bad mouthing them I'm sure you'll be fine. I've had Mustangs in the past but there just to confining for me now, so I'll stick with my 10 RT Classic.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well right now I'm just just trying to get my 4 year degree in anything actually, I haven't really picked a major but I plan on going to law school after-wards.

Well, despite not getting the SRT8 you still got a nice car so I wouldn't be too bummed. :p Ya I do the exact same thing, I watch youtube videos of RTs and follow their prices around on several sites including ebay.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I like all the modern muscle as well. What Mustang do you own? v6? GT? Friend owns a 2000 mustang GT (it's okay some wear and tear) and another owns a camaro RS v6, nice drive but don't like the visibility. Besides (IMO) the challenger looks better, that is one of the other reasons I was turned off by the camaro.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome! I've got an orange SRT8! My husband had an 05 Mustang, but he traded it in October for a 2010 Camaro. I like the looks of the 2005-2009 Mustangs, but I didn't really care for the curved tail lights.. Anyway, it's nice to have had all three major muscle cars in the last year.

I really love my Challenger and out of all three, I'm very happy I decided to get it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Your parents were about to buy you a SRT8 at 16 years of age? Wowwww man.

Anyways, Im 21 & am saving up for a 2011 SE. Good luck, and welcome.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I 'own' the 2011 V6, could of got the GT or GT500 but my parents are still recovering from all the hell I put them thru ever since I was a kid. :/ Screwed up a lot but I am good now, I am just lucky I got the V6 of anything, lol.

Funny thing is that I used to HATE mustang's until the 2011's came out, I hated those too when I saw pictures of them, but that changed when I saw one in person at the dealership the day I got my car. :)

I disliked Camaro's but now I am looking at them without being jealous or seeing them as competition so I finally saw how nice they look, and the same for the Challenger I don't see them as competition anymore and I love all 3 of the car's.

The Camaro just looks plain mean, the Challenger looks like an old muscle car, and the 2011 Mustang looks like a modern day retro inspired muscle car. All three cars would be amazing to drive or own, and I am super glad we have all 3 again and have some good old fashioned muscle car wars.

Anyways, yeah the SRT8 would have been amazing to get had I not screwed up, but I think had I gotten it I would probably not be on here talking to you today because I am 16 and god knows we (teenagers) don't know how to control ourselves.... at all, so I would have probably hit a wall and totaled the car and died in it. I do enough stupid stuff in my V6 (I try to drive safely, but yeah sometimes I slip up.). Plus it would have been wrong for my parents to buy their 16 year old kid a 60K vehicle (be it a GT500 which I wanted or the SRT8 that I almost got), because I understand getting me a nice car but not a outlandish car that would kill me. Plus, it kind of gives you a sense of entitlement if you get a 60K car when your a kid, and I probably would be insanely snotty and spoiled.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
welcome, your not the only one on here that don't have a Challenger and as long as you don't start bad mouthing them I'm sure you'll be fine. I've had Mustangs in the past but there just to confining for me now, so I'll stick with my 10 RT Classic.
Don't worry there is no way I would bad mouth the Challenger, they are way too amazing. :p Thats the truth too.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, :)

And yes, with the Mustang being a Pony car it is kinda tiny, thankfully that is not a problem with me since I am all of 5.5 feet tall. :) The only bad thing about Mustang's is that they come a dime a dozen practically and I see like a million of them each day, at school there are 6 Mustangs, but mine is the newest and nicest. :p The principle has a red 'vert S197 with black stripes, he loves my car, haha. I hardly ever see Challenger's though, and I run into Camaro's a few times but not as much as the Stangs.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey theAce. Well you certainly own a nice car already, much nicer than anything I had at your age. Not required to own a Challenger to be a part of the forum. Does my heart good to hear a younger enthusiast that likes muscle cars.

Welcome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man, yes I am one of the FEW kids at my school who actually like muscle cars, most everyone likes tuners, euros, exotics, and rice burners. I have made myself a group of friends who like cars and am slowly introducing them to the American muscle car. :p

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Hello Domingo,
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
585 Posts
theACE " Well, I love muscle cars (especially modern ones) and I think the Challenger, Camaro, and Mustang all are great cars and I appreciate that they are back again so we can all have our own piece of the modern muscle age and relive what the old-timers had when they were young. "

I'm with you 100% bro just glad to have been there for them. These cars come to define who we think we are, nothing else quite like it, except maybe a fox. welcome

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice car...welcome to CT :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts