Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm looking to travel over to the States from England to buy a Challenger so
I'll have a few questions to ask about tags,insurance and the cars etc
Thanks for your assistance in advance

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. When were you planning on this? Regardless, congrats for even thinking of it. Just may be the best thing you can do. I hear shipping is VERY reasonable.... Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably come over in September maybe August to the east coast I want to visit Pennsylvania and Norfolk VA.
Got a few things to sort out first.Hoping to do some shooting while I'm at it , 50cal Barret is on my list

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I'll probably come over in September maybe August to the east coast I want to visit Pennsylvania and Norfolk VA.
Got a few things to sort out first.Hoping to do some shooting while I'm at it , 50cal Barret is on my list
I definitely like the way you think!

·
Registered
716 Posts
What's better than a Challenger with a .50 cal in the trunk? Pretty much nothing. Cheers and enjoy your trip! Well hold on, let me rethink that for a minute, ok one other thing, a really hot chic in a bikini in the passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Good luck, Ole Boy!

Be sure to iron out what licensure you need to ship.
Most states will issue a temporary tag.
But, if it will be picked up by a shipper directly, i.e. you won't drive it here, probably won't be needed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,911 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies
I used to ship cars out of Florida and Norfolk VA a long time ago but I pretty much forgot the process.
I do remember needing a CRP in Florida but not in Norfolk so sometimes if the cars were running I'd haul
them from Ft Lauderdale to Virginia on a tow dolly 1000 miles with my 1982 Ford 5.0 Colony Park station wagen.
Shipping RORO was a mere $150 but Florida was more like $800 in a container

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts