Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my name is John-Paul (JP) I am looking to get a challenger in next few days/weeks, just trying to find the right car.

I am an Englishman living in PA just outside Philly and always wanted an american muscle car. I had a lot fun test driving a couple of contenders, my favorite was the camaro SS, my wife loves the challenger RT.

We did the baby seat test and had a good drive in both, the baby seat didn't fit in the camaro too well but did in the RT and the challenger was actually more fun to drive... So guess what we're getting :smiley_thumbs_up:

I have seen a nice one near me, the price is ok, but there is an accident on the carfax. My mechanic wants to have a good look at it for me before i decide to buy it. But I could have a new (used) car in the next few days.

I am on a few forums so I know how valuable they are and I look forward to loads of reading and research on here.

thanks
jp

·
Registered
972 Posts
I am just outside Philly too. My advise get newer not older and get an rt. Srt is too much Imo and the v6 u will regret. I traded my 2010 rt for a 2013 rt. Much better car. If you need any help pm me

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcomes, I'm look for older purely because of price, and yes it has to be a V8 and a manual. My annual mileage is very low so I can't justify spending too much money on a car I will only 1-2,000 miles a year in.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome to ChallengerTalk!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,010 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central PA.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the welcomes :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your new car. My 2009 R/T (six speed) has been trouble free. :D

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
John-Paul, Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome. I live just south of the Phila airport and drive a 2011 GWE SRT8. My first was a 2009 RT, so I have experience with both. Be happy to meet up and help with your purchase. Also, my wife is British also, and loves the Challenger. She is originally from the Midlands. You can PM me at [email protected] if you're interested.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yay got me a challenger, just got home from the dealer....

I got a 2009 RT 6sp in hemi Orange. It has a shaker hood thing, which is really cool otherwise it is stock as far as I can tell. I wish it had leather, but that will be a project for the future.

Here is a sneak peak from my phone (it is a bit crap becuase is freezing and dark)

I have one quick question, I am only posting in here because i want to order the part ASAP. I want to replace the stereo with an aftermarket one with reversing camera (this thing is huge and I don't to crash it)

It has this radio (from dealers website)

What harness do i need as there are two listed everywhere I look and i have no i deal which one I need. I don't have steering wheel controls as I know that affects the choice. If someone can point in the right direction or link to a thread that would be awesome as I want to get it ordered and installed very soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome. I live just south of the Phila airport and drive a 2011 GWE SRT8. My first was a 2009 RT, so I have experience with both. Be happy to meet up and help with your purchase. Also, my wife is British also, and loves the Challenger. She is originally from the Midlands. You can PM me at [email protected] if you're interested.
Sounds good, I think we need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit, but definitely interested in meeting up. There is a great british Pub in philly, the victoria freehouse, i highly recommend it especially if your wife is craving some good food from home :)

I'll drop you an email once the weather is not so artic.

thanks
jp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts