Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join this forum. I live in Northumberland and I’m thinking about getting a modern Challenger. I used to own a 67 fastback Mustang but had to sell some time ago to fund the house. Anyway Iv seen a few 2011 ish cars in UK for sale. One company called Church motors . How reliable are these newer Challengers and are parts readily available? Are they rot boxes for UK roads? Finally is it easy enough to get them UK road legal. From memory it was just Indicators
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) AmericanThunder, or another of our UK members may be able to add personal experiences

A Guy

Reactions: Shaunywardude

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. I wouldn't think that a Challenger would be any more problematic or hard to service than any other American vehicle. Since you have experience with Ford you have something to base it on.
Good luck!

Reactions: Shaunywardude

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know from guys stationed there the turn signals were an issue because you need yellow I believe? Other than that it's an easy car to care for and parts are inexpensive compared to say a German car, if you can get a GI to order them from AAFES it will help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know from guys stationed there the turn signals were an issue because you need yellow I believe? Other than that it's an easy car to care for and parts are inexpensive compared to say a German car, if you can get a GI to order them from AAFES it will help
Thanks mate. Will I need side indicators added to the car for it to pass sva?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks mate. Will I need side indicators added to the car for it to pass sva?
Not sure since I haven't been there in a few years. If you have problems with the lights find a GI and see what they have to do to pass the inspection, I know the yellow was a problem for a lot of American cars, the Mustang had clear taillights in 2015+ over there for color bulbs. Sides you can tint I bet

I also remember that Chrysler has (had) a big presence in Luxembourg because guys stationed in Germany could get help from them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, found a lovely near mint challenger in white. Dream for me. However it’s just called SE but on the trunk lid it’s got a badge SRT. It’s just a v6. Is this the bottom spec model??

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
204 Posts
Ok, found a lovely near mint challenger in white. Dream for me. However it’s just called SE but on the trunk lid it’s got a badge SRT. It’s just a v6. Is this the bottom spec model??
No someone put an SRT badge on a V6. Sadly it's not a rare occurrence. Not sure why, people that know what an SRT is will know the car isn't, those that don't know what an SRT is won't care.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join this forum. I live in Northumberland and I’m thinking about getting a modern Challenger. I used to own a 67 fastback Mustang but had to sell some time ago to fund the house. Anyway Iv seen a few 2011 ish cars in UK for sale. One company called Church motors . How reliable are these newer Challengers and are parts readily available? Are they rot boxes for UK roads? Finally is it easy enough to get them UK road legal. From memory it was just Indicators
Hi mate. I'm also in the UK, and looking to buy. You will get plenty of advice from the UK Challenger owners group on Facebook.
BE WARNED: Challengers are vastly overpriced in the UK. A 2015/2016 V6 Challenger will be more expensive than a new 5.7L V8 R/T in the US. Scat Packs are going for Hellcat Demon money as well!
The majority of Challenger cars in the UK, are salvage cars from the US, rebuilt in Eastern Europe (normally Lithuania).
I certainly wouldn't buy a used Challenger in the UK unless it was from one of the respected members of the Owners Group.
My advice would be, buy from the US (importing isn't that difficult or as daunting as it seems) and you will get a far better car (in both options and condition). Just remember to Carfax any potential purchases first.
Importers of new Challengers in the UK make at least £10k profit on each car, so bare that in mind if you are thinking new as well.
I can put you in touch with some US based dealers (ones a Brit) who can help source you a car and arrange all the shipping. (just DM me) I'm using one at the moment to help source my dream Challenger.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,234 Posts
Consider visiting Piston Heads:

It has a forum, Yank Motors, for those seeking help regarding buying/selling/servicing Yank cars in the UK and Europe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another newbie question if ok. Iv seen some 2013/15 challengers and the rear lights are a continuous red plastic strip running width of car. Iv seen others that seem to have 2 separate lights with a black panel between with Dodge lettering. Are these aftermarket or dependant on model? As I said Iv seen both styles on older cars

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another newbie question if ok. Iv seen some 2013/15 challengers and the rear lights are a continuous red plastic strip running width of car. Iv seen others that seem to have 2 separate lights with a black panel between with Dodge lettering. Are these aftermarket or dependant on model? As I said Iv seen both styles on older cars
I think (I could be wrong) that the facelift models (from 2015 onwards) have the two separate tail lights, different headlights and more modern interior (there is probably a few more updates than that).
I've seen quite a few crash repaired Challengers in the UK with the facelifted rear light conversions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think (I could be wrong) that the facelift models (from 2015 onwards) have the two separate tail lights, different headlights and more modern interior (there is probably a few more updates than that).
I've seen quite a few crash repaired Challengers in the UK with the facelifted rear light conversions.
Cheers pal. I’ll take your advice and avoid UK cars unless from a trusted source. Gonna start looking abroad. Had a quick scan and like you say they are so much cheaper and better

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts
Yes, the - 2014 cars had the one long tail light
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate

2015+ have the two "racetrack" tail lights
Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Grille

A Guy

Reactions: ScottishChallenger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your help. Found a nice example of a Hemi in UK. What are parts like here in UK? Are the normal run of the mill parts for servicing etc available off the shelf??
any downside to having a Hemi regarding parts etc

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for all your help. Found a nice example of a Hemi in UK. What are parts like here in UK? Are the normal run of the mill parts for servicing etc available off the shelf??
any downside to having a Hemi regarding parts etc
There is a Dodge Dealership in the UK and I believe Fiat Dealerships can get you parts if needed.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts

A Guy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts