Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 SPWB
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

im currently in the market for a challenger widebody scat pack. I’ve been doing my research and shopping and getting quotes online. I’m from Southern California and the best quote I’ve gotten is 42K OTD for this white widebody scat pack.
MSRP is 48,335.00
Is this a good deal? Or should I wait for the end of the year and see if I can get them at a cheaper price? Any input is appreciated .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
In my local, 2019 standard body R/T scatpacks are at, or very near $40k, a few $$ less depending on options, but Ive not seen any under $38k. Consider that the widebody package adds about $7k over the same standard body car, puts the MSRP on the car you posted right in that ballpark. Grabbing that for $42k would be a decent (but not super duper) deal imho.
Yes you could wait and snag a lot car at the end of the year or wait even longer and grab an unsold 19 next year and most likely save a bit more. It really depends on if this is "the" car at a good price vs waiting for "the" car to hopefully be there later on...

·
Registered
19 SPWB
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my local, 2019 standard body R/T scatpacks are at, or very near $40k, a few $$ less depending on options, but Ive not seen any under $38k. Consider that the widebody package adds about $7k over the same standard body car, puts the MSRP on the car you posted right in that ballpark. Grabbing that for $42k would be a decent (but not super duper) deal imho.
Yes you could wait and snag a lot car at the end of the year or wait even longer and grab an unsold 19 next year and most likely save a bit more. It really depends on if this is "the" car at a good price vs waiting for "the" car to hopefully be there later on...
I got a quote for $37.5kOTD on a regular scat pack but that was the best deal . Anything else was over 40k.
I dealt with quite a few dealers and I tried to see if they can beat the quote for the WIDEBODY Scat Pack of 42K OTD and they wouldn’t beat it. Some told me that the dealer was losing money with that deal and that it was too good to be true. But if you say that I can get a better deal at the end of the year it might make some sense to wait but how much better would that price be?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
No idea what the " end of year inventory reduction" sale would turn up price wise for you, in your area, in a few months.
The 2020 challenger models appear to have little to no changes from the 2019 models. Why I say this is that dealer incentives to move '19s off lot (ie: reduce/make deals) will be less than if there was significant changes arriving to an incoming model.
Waiting may give you the upper hand negotiation wise, nearer the very end of the year (Ive bought car on Christmas eve and done very well..), but I can probably guess that the beautuful white widebody scat youre looking at now, will be in someone elses garage by then, and you may risk not finding the car you want (assuming this one is what you want) and left with choosing from less desireable selection, looking further way from your local area or stepping into the higher priced new arriving 2020 models.
There is also the factor of getting what you want " here & now" versus waiting on an: if/when/maybe. YOLO and all that. Only you can decide if thats worth a good deal in your lap, or postponing for a great one down the road. As for me, I couldnt wait to put my 1st new challenger in the garage and didnt get the best price - but could care less. The ones following that 1st one, I was less rushed and took my time to find exactly what I wanted.
Good luck with whichever course you take :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Don't know if any end of year deal will top the Power Dollars currently available

A Guy

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hi all,

im currently in the market for a challenger widebody scat pack. I’ve been doing my research and shopping and getting quotes online. I’m from Southern California and the best quote I’ve gotten is 42K OTD for this white widebody scat pack.
MSRP is 48,335.00
Is this a good deal? Or should I wait for the end of the year and see if I can get them at a cheaper price? Any input is appreciated .
FWIW, and admittedly probably not much, in Dec. 2017 I bought a new 2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack for its base price of $38,995 plus destination charge of $1095. Total came to $40090 not including tax, license/registration.

Essentially nearly $6K worth of options ($3K for the A8 alone) were for "free".

And other buyers at the time and a bit after did even better.

·
Registered
19 SPWB
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I test drove the Widebody today. It feels huge haha but the 305 tires definitely help put down the power. The sales guy drove this car and got it up to 109 mph. Freeway and there was no cars around.
holy shit!!!! I was scared and amazed at the same time haha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
Congrats (y) We can see your smile from here ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

MSRP is 48,335.00
It's a deal, scoop it up!
$48,335 - $4,850 (hp rebate) = $43,485
and $42k out the door, meaning you are probable at invoice, sounds good to me. Sure you may be able to haggle a bit more (not much) but dealers gotta make a few$$ too. I have one and do not regret my price, make it an enjoyable process.

JUST DO IT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts