Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I have had my 2009 SRT8 Challenger for a year now. I bought it in 2010. I was this close to trading it for a 2011 SRT8 when I asked myself, is it worth 17 or 18k to get .3l and 45 HP? Probably not. Especially since 2011 doesnt offer Hemi Orange, which I am quite fond of. I am going to supercharge it. I know this is a broad question but Im looking for about 100 hp and I want reliability. A good deal wouldnt hurt either. What do the experts recommend? Thanks in advance. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
My suggestions would be magna charger or vortech, they both have great out of the box systems with solid tunes and available drivetrain warranty. Both are also upgradeable if you get the itch for even more power down the road. Either will add at least 100 rwhp safely out of the box. What are your goals for the car long term.
We have a lot of experience with these cars and supercharging, let us know how we can help.
welcome to the forum btw!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Procharger HO is also a viable option. What are your future plans for the car? Slapping on a supercharger on a stock car gives instant gratification, but if your going to forge or stroke your car than give a little thought about what you want to do in the future before getting any supercharger. Also there are head/cam/intake and TB packages that can get to or close to the HP increase your looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My future plans are to keep it stock after adding the supercharger. This is a car that I drive on weekends only, lesss than 2.5 k per year. I plan on paying it off and keeping it, just want to have a little more hp than the new 6.4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts