Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here, i'm in week #4, and still reading about everything there is to learn about this platform :)
I went 275/40/20 in the back with the factory scatpack wheels, but i'm looking to go wider, i'll be moving those tires in the front to replace the 245's i have there now, and getting replica wheels for the back, to be be able to fit wider rear tires, questions i have are as follow:

I'm very bad with wheels backpace numbers and the like , i know there are replica wheels that can be had, but i don't know exactly the specs of the wheels i'm looking for to fit 305/35/20 or 315/35/20 tires, any help here will be highly appreciated.

Also, are this replicas exactly matching the factory ones in looks, minus the centercaps, say i'm running Replicas just in the back, would they look the same front/rear to the naked eyes ?

The replicas come with a black center cap, can i fit the factory Dodge center caps in those wheels ? if not, i guess worst case i can just plastidip the factory centercaps in the front and call it a day.

Thanks so much, i've searched about this, but i'm still trying to digest the backspace/offset meaning, and how they affect the wheel/tires sticking out past the fender, which is not what i want, i don't mind pounding the crap of metal and cutting crap off ninja style with an angle grinder, ask my Jeep about it :), but i'm completely off base with wheel specs when it comes to tucking the tires in, it has been way easy to actually go past the fenders, so funny i'm looking to go wider, while keeping the tire inside of those fenders, haha.

Thanks a lot fellas

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
New owner here, i'm in week #4, and still reading about everything there is to learn about this platform :)
I went 275/40/20 in the back with the factory scatpack wheels, but i'm looking to go wider, i'll be moving those tires in the front to replace the 245's i have there now, and getting replica wheels for the back, to be be able to fit wider rear tires, questions i have are as follow:

I'm very bad with wheels backpace numbers and the like , i know there are replica wheels that can be had, but i don't know exactly the specs of the wheels i'm looking for to fit 305/35/20 or 315/35/20 tires, any help here will be highly appreciated.

Also, are this replicas exactly matching the factory ones in looks, minus the centercaps, say i'm running Replicas just in the back, would they look the same front/rear to the naked eyes ?

The replicas come with a black center cap, can i fit the factory Dodge center caps in those wheels ? if not, i guess worst case i can just plastidip the factory centercaps in the front and call it a day.

Thanks so much, i've searched about this, but i'm still trying to digest the backspace/offset meaning, and how they affect the wheel/tires sticking out past the fender, which is not what i want, i don't mind pounding the crap of metal and cutting crap off ninja style with an angle grinder, ask my Jeep about it :), but i'm completely off base with wheel specs when it comes to tucking the tires in, it has been way easy to actually go past the fenders, so funny i'm looking to go wider, while keeping the tire inside of those fenders, haha.

Thanks a lot fellas

Congrats and good luck. I did the 275 in the rear and am keeping the original 245 for future front use. I also want to know about the replicas. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
First off, which wheels do you have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the Matte Black Hellcat replicas in the back. They match the factory hellcat wheels that came on my scatpack.

As far as tires.

I have 305/35-20 on the 20x10.5 replica on the back. They fit perfect. And look great.

I recommend COntinental ExtremeContact Sport. These things are excellent. Grip well, low noise, wet grip is really surprising.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh and I put the factory center caps in them.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
The stock SP wheels are 25.5 offset.

For the tires you want to put on there, a 10 - 10.5" wide would be the better fit for the tire.
-I hunted around and its seems to be that 27mm offset for 10.5" width works well.

It appears from various threads that 305/35 fits the best. 315/35 has its challenges.

-also there's no rear quarter lip to roll - all '15+ Challengers have a fully hemmed rear lip.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I am running Hellcap Reps, 20x10.5 +25 offset with a 315/35/20. No issues at all.

I asked what wheels you're running, as you asked if the Reps will match.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, i should have started with a picture of the wheels i have, don't know the name of this factory option wheels, but this are the ones that i'll be looking for in replicas, which i believe is the same style in the Hellcat replica that some of you guys are referring to.

Untitled by Wrangler RSM, on FlickrTy

·
Premium Member
348 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Those wheels are called WRT. You could look around other REP companies on ebay, or even buy 2 OEM wheels from someone and have them sent off to get widened by Weldcraft.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wheels attached.
Thanks a lot Rawyzf, much appreciated.
If i go with weldcraft as you have suggested to widen the stockers, would i have to run wheel spacers ?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Thanks a lot Rawyzf, much appreciated.
If i go with weldcraft as you have suggested to widen the stockers, would i have to run wheel spacers ?
No problem.

As for spacers, I am not really sure, probably depends on how much you added. I think there is a lot of room on the inside though, and it will depend also on how wide of rubber you plan for.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ty sir, much appreciated one more time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
For what it's worth...
Someone mentioned that "The stock SP wheels are 25.5 offset."
This is correct.
I believe those optional WRT wheels are 18.5 offset.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I believe they are WRT wheels. I have them too. Also was wondering what you are. Actually would like to get something not as flat black. Good luck!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
WRT OEM wheels are over $1000 a piece! I see them on Ebay for $375 and up used/refurbished. That plus the widening isn't cheap.

OEM part# 5RN84VXWAB Matte Black

77070063AC is the same wheel, Granite Crystal color much lower price. I also see these listed as Carbon Black, very confusing

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem...meT0yMDE1JnQ9c2NhdC1wYWNrJmU9Ni00bC12OC1nYXM=

I do believe Luke at Steve White did confirm these are the same wheel. 5RN84VXWAB being the OEM#, and 77070063AC being the "accessory" number

A Guy

Reactions: silver scat
1 - 20 of 24 Posts