Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was any benefit to using a medium cutting pad with a polish compound vs traditional medium with a correction compound and polishing pad with a polish compound?

I understand it will depend on he paint condition and some test spots. I'm hoping I can do this twice a year and segerate correcting deeper scratches instead of doing the entire car.

I hope this makes sense thank you all in advance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Andy,

You essentially already answered your question with this statement:

I understand it will depend on he paint condition and some test spots. I'm hoping I can do this twice a year and segerate correcting deeper scratches instead of doing the entire car.
It is impossible to say what the combination of pad and liquid that will work best on the vehicle. That can only be determined in person once paint correction has begun. You did omit the type of machine. The stroke (Throw) size of the machine has a HUGE impact on the effectiveness of the pad and correction liquid.

Also, your personal preference for the level of the finish is a major determining factor for how often the paint is corrected. So nobody else could answer that but you yourself.

I will say, that depending on A) how your vehicle is stored, B) the type of protection you apply to your vehicle (ceramic nano coating, sealant, wax) and C) your regular maintenance regimine and technique, and D) the climate conditions you live and drive in you many not need to paint correct your vehicle for 2-3 years. With todays technology, paint correcting the vehicle once or twice a year is almost always overkill-- unless the car is abused like a NYC taxi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts