Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just took delivery of a 2016 SRT / 392 (Automatic) this past Friday. So of course Saturday and Sunday I was driving it. I cant for the life of me believe the torque and horsepower of this beast. And it only wants more.
I have had vettes in the past but the largest engine I had was a 5.7. This is a whole new ballgame. A few questions I want to ask before I do anything stupid.
1- Is there a setting that you can accelerate hard from a light, or will I always spin my tires. (I am in default mode not Sport or track)
2- Is there such a thing as hiring someone to teach you how to properly drive this? I feel like there is so much to know on when and how to accelerate and decelerate that I wouldnt be embarrassed asking someone how to do this properly. Im just looking to get the most out of the car without hurting myself or others.

Anyway, I appreciate your time and hopefully you can appreciate my questions even though they are typical Newbie Questions.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
1) the default traction setting you are using is as good as it gets for letting the car control whee spin. Best bet is to not go WOT from a dead stop, better to roll into that WOT so that it is part throttle from a dead stop and only full throttle after its moving a bit. Practice, practice, practice.

2) The SRTs used to come with a SRT driving experience like what you are asking about, but that was dropped by the model year you have. So, no, not really. You’re just gonna have to put some seat time in and practice, practice, practice! 😎

1 - 2 of 2 Posts