Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm sorry if these are repeat questions. I just received my 2012 SRT8, 6 speed. Dying to drive it but have to wait until April or May, let the snow melt. I live in upstate NY.

I've found a lot of great info here. I've ordered a Magnaflow Comp Series exhaust, catch can, CAI, new wheels/tires and a Drake fuel door.

Issue I am having is I cannot find a way to display voltage in the EVIC. I believe I have read all the posts on the hidden EVIC screens. This SRT8 does not have the Electronic Convenience Group option. It has the 430N audio system. No Music Note or Compass buttons on the steering wheel to access the hidden EVIC screens referenced in other posts.

Is there a way to display voltage in my car? I have OEM voltmeters in my other vehicles. It's nice to see how the alternator is doing at a glance.

I assume it is near impossible to install the Electronic Convenience Group option? I may just have to mount an aftermarket volt meter.

Last question: What do you find to be the best data to display in the EVIC for around town driving, not competition events? I know this is subjective, just curious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Rob

·
Registered
510 Posts
With the engine running (and the EVIC in the outside temperature/compass page), hold the "up" arrow for a slow 10 count, then switch quickly to the "down" arrow. After about another slow 10 count you should see the EVIC display change and then you can "page" through the different screens.

Some times it takes a couple of tries to get into it, you may have to count slower if it doesn't seem to be working. Keep steady pressure on the buttons, I found that if my finger wiggles a little while holding in the button it fails and I have to start over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Thanks Havoc51,

Mystery solved. Your instructions worked perfectly 1st time.

Rob

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks Havoc51,

Mystery solved. Your instructions worked perfectly 1st time.

Rob

Glad it worked for you.

I forgot to note that I believe you have to start from the EVIC screen that displays the outside temperature and compass. Edited original post to reflect this.

Just threw that in there for anyone else that may read this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts