Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
Out of a 2015 Charger Hellcat into a 2018 Challenger R/T 392 ScatPack Shaker fully loaded, pitch black,auto. Presently in Brampton waiting for a railcar to ship to BC

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,373 Posts
Hi All
Out of a 2015 Charger Hellcat into a 2018 Challenger R/T 392 ScatPack fully loaded, pitch black,auto. Presently in Brampton waiting for a railcar to ship to BC
This "upgrade" makes you a rare bird, indeed, Brian. Most guys upgrade UP TO a Helcat. But you're headed the opposite direction. What's up? We're curious.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Yep, downgraded from a Hellcat Charger to a Scat Pack Challenger got me intrigued to find out why were you doing it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Charger HC was great, don't get me wrong...drag strip in the morning-opera in the evening, I've had Vettes, ZL 1(awful car) but the HC just too much power. I love the look of the shaker scat pack and went with it, you can never have too much gun-but you can have too much HP. BTW, wife has a Jeep GC SRT...so now I wait at the mercy of CN Rail. As well, the Challenger more my car than the "families" grocery getter.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,664 Posts
Welcome from California, congrats ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The Charger HC was great, don't get me wrong...drag strip in the morning-opera in the evening, I've had Vettes, ZL 1(awful car) but the HC just too much power. I love the look of the shaker scat pack and went with it, you can never have too much gun-but you can have too much HP. BTW, wife has a Jeep GC SRT...so now I wait at the mercy of CN Rail. As well, the Challenger more my car than the "families" grocery getter.
Ha... did ya get that, fellas? "The HC had too much power." Imagine that. This comes from someone who's "been there, done that."
For those of you just dreaming of owning one but struggling with the cost: there ya go. Might wanna re-think that "I'd sell my soul for a helcat" dream you've been entertaining.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The HC was an impulse buy and don't get me wrong, wonderful machine and if you race it-nobody will touch you. But for a street stomp and steer guy...the R/T will be just fine for me. IMHO, the HC was just too much as if you stomped on it, even with the nannies on...it was right on the edge of going wrong. So would I spend another $30k to have a hellcat over a R/T, nope, not for the street. I wouldn't even want to think what a Demon would be like! I'm old enough as well to remember the day when if you had a big block and turned 13's-14's...you had a fast car, that didn't handle, overheated and $10 of fuel for a nights cruising.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The HC was an impulse buy and don't get me wrong, wonderful machine and if you race it-nobody will touch you. But for a street stomp and steer guy...the R/T will be just fine for me. IMHO, the HC was just too much as if you stomped on it, even with the nannies on...it was right on the edge of going wrong. So would I spend another $30k to have a hellcat over a R/T, nope, not for the street. I wouldn't even want to think what a Demon would be like! I'm old enough as well to remember the day when if you had a big block and turned 13's-14's...you had a fast car, that didn't handle, overheated and $10 of fuel for a nights cruising.
I typically did upwards to 70 miles for a night of cruising with my high school buds.

Doing a little math, 10 bucks worth of gas for a nights cruising:

...if your big block got 7mpg, you could do 70 miles on 10 gallons for about 3.50 in 1968. You'd be hard pressed to use 10 bucks that year.

70 miles and 10 gallons would be about 7.50 in 1974.

What year are you talking about when you say that you "remember the day?"

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts