Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I’m getting these wheels for my challenger rt, I just like the way they look on the white knuckle and black trim...

I was told this tire would do ok for performance, the guys gonna set it for me he said ( I forget exactly what he said he was gonna do but he said it would be ready to go on).

my next issue is finding tires that fit my needs (track days) and these wheels... the front wheels come with spacers ( I think there called) but they make the tires fit...

MY QUESTION: what type of tires do I get... I wanna go fast but I drive in light snow sometimes. I want something safe in the rain... just a good tire to go with these wheels... something I can show up with on track day.

ps: I have more specs on the wheels if that helps

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wtf? Any tire that is decent at the track is going to be horrible in the snow and generally suck in the rain too. You also don’t want to be on spacers if you’re going to track your car. Get wheels with the correct specs that fit the car correctly without spacers or other tomfoolery

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wtf? Any tire that is decent at the track is going to be horrible in the snow and generally suck in the rain too. You also don’t want to be on spacers if you’re going to track your car. Get wheels with the correct specs that fit the car correctly without spacers or other tomfoolery
Ok so say I got winter and track tires.. what would be a good track tire?
Secondly what’s up with the spacers do they affect performance... as I said I’ve never even bought a wheel so any suggestions would help. I don’t wanna get ripped off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok so say I got winter and track tires.. what would be a good track tire?
Secondly what’s up with the spacers do they affect performance... as I said I’ve never even bought a wheel so any suggestions would help. I don’t wanna get ripped off.
What type of track. Circle, circuit, drag?
Yes spacers can affect performance depending on their use. The farther you space the COG away from the hub, you put additional stress on the wheel bearing / hub assembly which is not good for longevity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What type of track. Circle, circuit, drag?
Yes spacers can affect performance depending on their use. The farther you space the COG away from the hub, you put additional stress on the wheel bearing / hub assembly which is not good for longevity.
Circuit... they open it for street cars once in awhile... I don’t want drag tires ( the ones that look like no tread at all...

Spec like offset, bolt pattern would be helpful for both front and rear.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That’s great and all but still doesn’t help that the wheels offset is listed as “low to high” lol
I don’t know then... that’s all the info they had.. just wanted to see if they would work cause like the style..

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
What Challenger trimline do you have? When it says offset low to high, it means they can set the offset to what you want as long as it is in range of the manufacturers spec.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What Challenger trimline do you have? When it says offset low to high, it means they can set the offset to what you want as long as it is in range of the manufacturers spec.

You really think this Chinese junk wheel manufacturer is going to let you choose a custom offset and manufacture it just for you? Lol. You don’t just “set” the offset. It’s built into the wheel. I’d demand full specs including the actual offset (in mm not some “low to high” horseshit) or available offsets (I doubt it’s more than 2 different ones available)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You really think this Chinese junk wheel manufacturer is going to let you choose a custom offset and manufacture it just for you? Lol. You don’t just “set” the offset. It’s built into the wheel. I’d demand full specs including the actual offset (in mm not some “low to high” horseshit) or available offsets (I doubt it’s more than 2 different ones available)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the opinions and advice, I will not be going with these wheels... didn’t know they were “junk”. So what IS a good performance wheel?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts