Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I have been a lurker for a few weeks and have learned a lot. Thank you to everyone who have shared their experiences, wisdom and expertise.

I guess I am personally experiencing a late life crisis. (Life went by so fast that I missed my mid-life crisis.) I’m getting prepared to order a Challenger spwb with shaker. After careful consideration, I have selected what options I desire. My dilemma is that even though a Challenger makes any color look good, I very much want the new vehicle to be sublime in color. Everyone knows that cannot happen with the 2021 colors that are offered. Knowing that these are unusual times we are living in, does anyone have any insight on when the 2022 colors for the Challenger will be announced? When are next year colors normally announced? I’ve read on this forum somewhere that the last date to order a 2021 is August 5. Is that date accurate? Can it slip? Can it be moved forward? I want to order the car ASAP, but I’m willing to wait for sublime if it is offered in 2022. Thanks in advance for all of your guidance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't think anyone knows yet. Hellraisin and sinnamon stick are 2 great alternative choices.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I understand your eagerness to order right now, but what colors being offered in the future is anyone's guess at this point. I can assure you that white, black, and many shades of silver/gray will always be available. It's the high impact colors that come and go every few years, or my not ever come around again. Good luck with what ever you decide. :)

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
Your not going to hear colors for a while as there is too much in shortages with Chips for them to even think of anything else but back to normal production levels.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
595 Posts
Colors are always a dilemma. If you have a second-choice color that's available for 2021, no guarantee it will still be there for 2022. On another note, Hellraisin is incredible in person, and my detailer said when they had my car in for PPF & ceramic everyone who came into the shop was talking about it, including a guy who decided to trade in his Plum Crazy 2019 SP as soon as he saw mine.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
571 Posts
Good luck with your decision. Its a tough one to make since paint is the 1st thing you see.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
139 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I ordered my 2020 spwb. Sublime would have been my first choice also, but they stopped offering the color in 2019. My wife and I decided to go with Go Mango. We ordered back in August (the last week to order in 2020 we were told). Was going to wait to order this spring, but my wife pointed out, what if they stopped offering Go Mango like they did with the Sublime? Go Mango is still available, but glad we didn’t wait, even though winter was just around the corner, car arrived in October. We were able to take advantage of last year’s incentives. Love looking at the Go Mango color, really catches the eye. Good luck with your choice. Hard to go wrong with any color though. The Challenger makes almost any color look good.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,927 Posts
Hello to all. I have been a lurker for a few weeks and have learned a lot. Thank you to everyone who have shared their experiences, wisdom and expertise.

I guess I am personally experiencing a late life crisis. (Life went by so fast that I missed my mid-life crisis.) I’m getting prepared to order a Challenger spwb with shaker. After careful consideration, I have selected what options I desire. My dilemma is that even though a Challenger makes any color look good, I very much want the new vehicle to be sublime in color. Everyone knows that cannot happen with the 2021 colors that are offered. Knowing that these are unusual times we are living in, does anyone have any insight on when the 2022 colors for the Challenger will be announced? When are next year colors normally announced? I’ve read on this forum somewhere that the last date to order a 2021 is August 5. Is that date accurate? Can it slip? Can it be moved forward? I want to order the car ASAP, but I’m willing to wait for sublime if it is offered in 2022. Thanks in advance for all of your guidance.
Welcome, and I always say that color is the most important option as you will see it all the time.

My best advice is get out to dealers and actually check out colors at different times of the day, evenings, and night.

You'll be surprised how a color looks great in one light condition, and does nothing for you in other light conditions.

IMO and experience, this time spent is well worth the effort.

Best of luck and have fun.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
When I ordered my 21' SPWB I wanted Plum Crazy but not offered for 21'. Went to several dealers and looked in person. Drove by on a cloudy day and thought I saw one in PC. Pulled in and it turned out to be Indigo Blue which is metallic blue in sunlight and very purple in clouds/shade. To my eyes at least.
Ordered the Indigo and glad I did. Like it as much or more than PC.
Must see in person under varying light conditions. Photos are useless and misleading. IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I ordered my 2020 spwb. Sublime would have been my first choice also, but they stopped offering the color in 2019. My wife and I decided to go with Go Mango. We ordered back in August (the last week to order in 2020 we were told). Was going to wait to order this spring, but my wife pointed out, what if they stopped offering Go Mango like they did with the Sublime? Go Mango is still available, but glad we didn’t wait, even though winter was just around the corner, car arrived in October. We were able to take advantage of last year’s incentives. Love looking at the Go Mango color, really catches the eye. Good luck with your choice. Hard to go wrong with any color though. The Challenger makes almost any color look good.
Am I right in saying that gomango looks completely different in real life to what it looks like on the dodge configurator? In the configurator it looks lightish and what I would call a pure orange. In photos it looks darker and richer?

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,927 Posts
Am I right in saying that gomango looks completely different in real life to what it looks like on the dodge configurator? In the configurator it looks lightish and what I would call a pure orange. In photos it looks darker and richer?
Being positive, the configurator colors suck.

Yes one can see the difference between black, white, red, blue etc, but that's about it IMO.

It gives you an idea, but what it looks like "live" tells the story.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Being positive, the configurator colors suck.

Yes one can see the difference between black, white, red, blue etc, but that's about it IMO.

It gives you an idea, but what it looks like "live" tells the story.
Not just me then. I also remember looking at the greys thinking they all look the same. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Bananas are gone. Had to get a rivet puller to do it. Didn't want to accidently damage anything. Selling them if you want em, 20 bucks shipped :p

Had a choice between this and a stripped down widebody in Smoke show color. Had to be Hellraisin, so no contest.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went to at least 5 different dealerships to look at cars. Different times of day, different light conditions. The nice thing is you can also look at Chargers since the colors are the same. I was between Indigo and Hellraisin. I think Hellraisin just polished would look amazing. The Hellraisin ones I saw on the lot didn't excite me unless it was sunny and they were just washed. Same went for Frostbite (3rd choice). To me Indigo looked great in all lights/conditions. She pops in the sun with metallic flake sparkling. And she's a little purple in the dusk. Absolutely no regrets! But you HAVE TO see the different colors in person.

This Hellraisin picture is what I was hoping to see in person, but when I saw it compared to the Indigo, it just didn't get me as excited. (And no it didn't look like this to me in real life.)

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
139 Posts
Yes, the Go Mango looks different in person then the Dodge configurator. I agree with what others have already said, try to find some cars on lots in colors you are interested in and look at them at different times of the day. The Go Mango “to my eyes” is a perfect shade of orange leaning more towards Red. Later in the day and even in some online YouTube videos, depending on how the lights hits it at times it looks red. There is even a light metal flake pearl mixed into the paint that you only notice when the light hits it just right.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts