2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also new to the "forum" thing. Basically just looking for anyones feedback on suggested first mods, little quirks about the car, things to watch out for, etc. So far love the car, just looking for general info I may not know about. Thanks in advance View attachment 980034 Octane Red w/ Brass Monkey pkg. 8 speed.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Welcome, First mod should be that smile on your face every time you drive it. Enjoy it for what it is then decide if you want performance or appearance mods, or mods that do a little of both, wider rims and fatter tire for example. You don't need one but almost everyone, including myself runs a catch can, if for no other reason than to add 1 more thing of maintenance to do on your car. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! That smile hits everytime I do a remote cold start. This is my first car I have ever purchased on raw emotion. Not at all practical for where I live or what I "need" from a vehicle, but damn I love it so far. What is the purpose of the catch can anyway? Is the PCV system not enough? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Thanks! That smile hits everytime I do a remote cold start. This is my first car I have ever purchased on raw emotion. Not at all practical for where I live or what I "need" from a vehicle, but damn I love it so far. What is the purpose of the catch can anyway? Is the PCV system not enough? Thanks for your time.
It catches oil vapors that make it past the PCV valve. The actual "NEED" for it is debatable. I put one on my 5.7l "Just because". There are threads on here debating if you really need it. If you are thinking you will ever "boost" your car it wouldn't hurt to have on on hand.

·
Premium Member
9,500 Posts
Octane red with Brass Monkey wheels! I bet that must look awesome, post up some pictures we would love to check this beauty out. First mod we always recommend is catch can. The color Bronze silk is similar to brass monkey.

Enjoy your new ride.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,457 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts