Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum, mainly because I have been 'dreaming' of owning my own Challeneger since it's debut. Anyway, I have been looking at one to purchase but need some help with what the dealer is calling an added "performance package".

So I found a 2010 Challenger RT (6 speed manual of course) with 6,018 miles on it. Very clean and well kept and lots of extras. Here is where my confusion comes in. It's listed to contain the "Hemi RT Super Track M6 Package". I have looked everywhere for what this is and what is included in it but have found nothing.

Any help you can provide would be awesome. Many thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'm just not sure if this "deal" is worth it. It's just had because I don't know if what they are justifying is correct. Guess I need to get my hands on it and look since the dealer didn't even know what the STP was, they told me to look it up online!

·
Registered
44 Posts
M6 means manual 6 speed.

HEMI just means HEMI engine, which is on all of the R/T Challengers, so that doesn't really tell you anything.

Super Track Pak (notice that Dodge does it as "Pak") has different steering, suspension (stiffer), brakes (bigger) and tires (3-season performance tires rather than 4-season tires) compared to what otherwise comes standard on an R/T. Maybe a couple of other things also.

·
Super Moderator
15,345 Posts
Here is where my confusion comes in. It's listed to contain the "Hemi RT Super Track M6 Package". I have looked everywhere for what this is and what is included in it but have found nothing.

Any help you can provide would be awesome. Many thanks!
The 6-speed package was marketed as the Track Pak, which included:
-anti-spin differential
-variable displacement power steering pump
-6-speed Tremec transmission
-Hill Start Assist
-3.73 final drive ratio w/ 18" tires
-3.91 final drive ratio w/ 20" tires

Mid-way through 2010 (approx Nov/Dec 2009) Super Track Pak option appeared - this is an extra cost option, avail on 6-speed manual or automatic cars.

It added some 6-speed features for the automatic:
-variable displacement p/s pump

And with either transmission, STP added:
-larger diameter rear sway bar
-firmer spec rear shocks
-higher performance brake pad materials
-full off ESP capability
-20" Goodyear F1 tires (and req'd 20" wheel)

In 2011, anti-spin axles are extra cost option on 'auto R/T models, and is independent of the STP option.

In 2012, Hill Start Assist is now a standard feature with either transmission.

There can be some confusion since the names could be inadvertently interchanged by dealership staff, unaware of the differences.

A lookup of the VIN by dealer - if a vehicle has Super Track Pack, option code AWD is present.
If not, it's not a STP equipped vehicle, even if it has the 6-speed manual.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts