Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start this just to let the newer guys they can come to Challengerfest too. The real thread is speedy's and Toofart started one to try to get people to sign up. They are both old timers (on this forum not in age). I only got on here in Sep. and I think I'm the person with the leaste time on site going to the event. I just wanted all you newer guys that this is for you too. Don't let the old timers scare you off. I know I'ld like to meet all of you guys I talk to on here.
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
864 Posts
Definitely, the more the better it'll be. Man I've been seeing a lot of new challengers around town and I keep thinking, I wonder if they're on challengertalk. I'm really tempted to go up to them and introduce myself and tell them to come to challengerfest.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I say hi to new guys on here all the time. You and I are the new kids on the block that signed up. Every time I look at the home page there's 250-350 members on line and there's like 50 people going to meet each other in person. I thought maybe it was because the orginizers had been here for a long time and the new guys didn't read that it was for all of us, so that's why I sent this out.
Rick

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yeah it can be kinda intimidating at first I think. I know when I first signed up I was kinda nervous about posting and tossing in my 2 cents cause of being a new guy. There's some cool dudes on here though with some awesome cars, good spot to be.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Definitely, the more the better it'll be. Man I've been seeing a lot of new challengers around town and I keep thinking, I wonder if they're on challengertalk. I'm really tempted to go up to them and introduce myself and tell them to come to challengerfest.
BigBear, you just need some Challengertalk cards. I designed some for our SOC (Southern Ontario Challenger) Cult. I put Challengertalk and the SOC thread on one side and our Facebook page on the other.

Yeah it can be kinda intimidating at first I think. I know when I first signed up I was kinda nervous about posting and tossing in my 2 cents cause of being a new guy. There's some cool dudes on here though with some awesome cars, good spot to be.
I was too, especially being a woman on mostly men's forum, but for the most part, I haven't let that keep me from my 2 cents either. I'm planning on being there, and while I've been on a track, this past summer was the first time so I'm plenty new, and I'm planning to be there.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
that would mean they have to take the car out of the garage LOL
everyone should come this is a great time

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Val, I know your thinking about going but I can see guys from Canada not making it that far. I'm thinking of the guys I see weekly from Ohio,Indiana,Tenn. and Mo.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hahaha! I should make flyers and stand in front of supermarkets handing them out and preach challengerism!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that would mean they have to take the car out of the garage LOL
everyone should come this is a great time
Even up there you should be able to get the car out of the garage by late Apr. When I first talked to Speedy he said I didn't even need to bring my Challenger just come hang out. No way I'm going without the Challenger.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hello itzrick

I am from Toronto and I will be there. Toofart invited me and I passed that on to Val. Us Canucks can't let you Yanks have all the fun eh? See ya in the Hotel parking lot party Friday night. I am bringing real beer too!

StevoHemi

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I look forward to meeting you there. Just hopeing I wasn't going to be the person with the least time on forum there.

5,134 Posts
No one should be afraid of coming. We're all car guys, we like 'em all and we'll help out any way we can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm going to try to make it. I've been putting off going to Bowling Green for the past couple years. As a Vette owner as well, I always wanted to make a trip to the plant. Great way to enjoy both hobbies. Additionally...Jack Daniels is only a day trip away...

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great to hear. I think that Vette stuff is real close. If you can't make it to the track just meet everyone at the meet and greet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts