Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been undecided for quite some time as to what step to take to rectify the factory "Shaker" vinyl from Dodge. At first I removed the outer two stripes. Then a few weeks after that I removed the last stripe that framed the large middle "stripe". I had my buddy give me some options: Full hood/roof/trunk wrap, bottom half body wrap, etc. But with the amount of coin I have in this car and still owe...I cringed at another large bill. So I took the cheap route and ordered a roll of half inch stripe and did it myself. I like it very much as I always liked the splashes of red that Dodge has here and there...so I feel this accent stripe is just the right touch to jazz up that plane large center stripe.

I opted to have it not surround the entire hood shaker as to give the illusion of it exiting the openings in the scoop. I may put some red LED's in there to fortify this direction, or I may paint the mesh inserts the same color red...not sure yet.

I added gloss black (larger scale) 392 emblems to the shaker scoop, and I finished off with a Mopar performance badge on the tail.

It was good to get out in the garage and put in some one on one. It has been too long and after receiving my first speeding ticket 206.00 75 in a 65 (actually 86 but he cut me a break) it was some well needed "cuddling"

Attachments

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
The Shaker Stripe is an acquired taste. I never did like mine and peeled it off my RT and my SPS, left it around the Shaker for a while but ended up peeling it all off and adding side stripes. Make it yours, the red is different and will definetly stand out

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,412 Posts
Here's my variation on SPS stripes - I've posted images before:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
The Shaker Stripe is an acquired taste. I never did like mine and peeled it off my RT and my SPS, left it around the Shaker for a while but ended up peeling it all off and adding side stripes. Make it yours, the red is different and will definetly stand out
I like what you have ended up with, looks like a good all round package now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I'm adding these T/A style side stripes (without the "T/A") to my Scat Pack as soon as they arrive from Big Worm Graphix for fathers day. I'm removing the bumblebee stripe off the tail as they've never looked right to me either. The bumblebee stripe just doesn't flow with the lines of the car. They never did IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm adding these T/A style side stripes (without the "T/A") to my Scat Pack as soon as they arrive from Big Worm Graphix for fathers day. I'm removing the bumblebee stripe off the tail as they've never looked right to me either. The bumblebee stripe just doesn't flow with the lines of the car. They never did IMO.
Yes, that striped flowed better on the originals. I tried to upload more pics of what I did but I can't, for some unknown reason. Can't even see avatars from this computer!!?!?!?

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also was never a fan of the factory Shaker stripes but what you've done looks great. The key is whatever makes you happy because at the end of the day; it's your baby.
Thanks. Here are some more pictures. Hope they upload....

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob, that side stripe looks very nice. I may eventually add a side stripe as well.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That red looks good against the blue. Looks like it could have come that way

I like the red R/T from the factory and my centerline rims have red in the center caps. Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
looks good. I like the red for accent. My shaker came with the shaker stripes deleted, but I definitely like your setup.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,478 Posts
Yes, that striped flowed better on the originals. I tried to upload more pics of what I did but I can't, for some unknown reason. Can't even see avatars from this computer!!?!?!?
Me either. The failure of the avatars displaying is new for me, but not being able to upload is not. Then there is the not being able to view thumbnails and no drop-down menus. :(

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Looks good! Way to make it yours, buddy.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Bob, that side stripe looks very nice. I may eventually add a side stripe as well.
to me the high impact colors especially the light ones like sublime & my yellow jacket really need to be broken up with side stripes. i always like the original yellow jacket ones, so did my scat pack version. have not removed the ones around the shaker. i had to make a choice fast as one of the first mods i did was a clear bra. they & i actually decided to go around the stripes with bra. so they are there to stay unless i have the bra redone.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also was never a fan of the factory Shaker stripes but what you've done looks great. The key is whatever makes you happy because at the end of the day; it's your baby.
I like your stripe! A different variation on the "Bumble bee" stripe. Kind of like a combo with a side stripe.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
to me the high impact colors especially the light ones like sublime & my yellow jacket really need to be broken up with side stripes. i always like the original yellow jacket ones, so did my scat pack version. have not removed the ones around the shaker. i had to make a choice fast as one of the first mods i did was a clear bra. they & i actually decided to go around the stripes with bra. so they are there to stay unless i have the bra redone.
The Yellow Jacket is a true representation of the "Scat Pack" Bee! To me, your color is complimented by the "shaker" stripes. I do like them on your car, especially with the side stripe. Didn't like them on my B5 though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks absolutely fantastic! Congrats

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
641 Posts
I like stripes on other folks cars butt not so much on mine. I ordered my SPS with all strips deleted except for bumblebee stripe, have been thinking about removing it ever since. Let me know how you like yours after you remove it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
How about painting your calipers red to match that red accent? The flat black Scat Pack calipers start turning light grey after awhile, mine did.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts