Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I'd love to see something like this instead of some grill/tail light refresh. It's time for a 21st Century Challenger... a completely new car. Flame suit on... fire away.

Reactions: pdx.challenger

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
That's not a completely new refresh. That's a current car that's been contorted. That looks like crap.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well it's futuristic looking if not good looking.
something like this will have buyers it appeals to though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally I'd love to see something like this instead of some grill/tail light refresh. It's time for a 21st Century Challenger... a completely new car. Flame suit on... fire away.

This is No Challenger For Old Men...can't bend down to get in?

Reactions: HK-Pro

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Looks like Godzilla stepped on a current Challenger!!! No thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
hell ride has a point; i think there is something there...it's a draft of many drafts

it is a contorted, distorted version of what it is now;
not particularly impressed but we need a Challenger for the future; in 4 years i have to buy one for my daughter; so i don't see the current design working out

this thing looks flatted out; we can do better
to all, grab paper, pencils and color sticks and go! for geeks, open AutoCAD 3D and draw away

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
hell ride has a point; i think there is something there...it's a draft of many drafts

not particularly impressed but we need a Challenger for the future; in 4 years i have to buy one for my daughter; so i don't see the current design working out

to all, grab paper, pencils and color sticks and go! for geeks, open AutoCAD 3D and draw away
I would get your daughter a WRX. The AWD will keep her safe in all conditions and it's a car she can handle without dealing with ridiculous blind spots. Plus parts are cheap. It also gets good mpg and won't get her into too much trouble.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
I would get your daughter a WRX. The AWD will keep her safe in all conditions and it's a car she can handle without dealing with ridiculous blind spots. Plus parts are cheap. It also gets good mpg and won't get her into too much trouble.
point taken! indeed...just letting her teenage speak out...and waving the white flag for peace...lol

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Screw the white flag, she'll thank you when she has mobility. If she isn't happy just to have wheels then she doesn't deserve them.

In referring to the OP, the original post is stupidly uninspiring. I can't disprove of this enough

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts

Buy her a Dart keep her in the MOPAR family.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
No matter what car it is, if it's fwd I would NEVER buy it. Rwd or AWD.

Reactions: USRWDV8 and salvy59

·
Super Moderator
14,196 Posts
This isn't a good drawing. However, I think that it is going in the right direction. Namely, a futuristic design that keeps many of the elements of the present retro-model.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I hate when they call my Challenger a Camaro, this will make that happen way too many times. I don't care for it, at all.

Reactions: ChallengerR/TFan

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
The car was brought back as a retro model for a purpose (money for Dodge) it was to bring back a nostalgic feeling and many of us who were around for the first run of the Challenger went and bought one. The Charger didn't do it for many of us as they were never four door cars in the past. If the next generation strays too far from having any connection to the past the loyal and faithful will easily look elsewhere. I don't have to replace what I have, I will keep it and be content, that isn't what dodge wants us to do. There are quite a few Mustang fans who were looking forward to the new one that's just coming out and have gone and bought what they could find off a lot instead. If it's fugly they won't come........

·
Registered
899 Posts
The OP picture looks terrible, but Chrysler has some pretty good design talent working for them, so I think the 2018 (or whatever) Challenger will come out looking great. Expect it to platform share with the upcoming Maserati coupe. I am not sure if it'll still be called Gran Turismo or be all new, but that car will share DNA with the next generation Challenger seeing as they are both coupes and both almost the same size (currently).

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Kind of reminds me of the AMC AMX/3; I like it. :)
AMC AMX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Back in the 70s I used to hang out and smoke pot with Richard Teague's son, Jeff and actually got a ride in their AMX/3. Mr. Teague was a cool guy... one of his passions was buying old homes planned for demolition and moving them to his property. I believe he had like 10 acres in Bloomfield Hills or another such high-class neighborhood. It's been 45 years so it may have been somewhere else. :11:

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sorry OP, the pic you posted looks like a "DUBS" car. One of those "ethnic" modified models of current cars with too big of a wheel.
I think Ford and Dodge were on to something when they went retro (Sorry the Camaro isn't retro, it's an abomination).
I agree the Challenger is getting long in the tooth. Too many want it to be a Camaro or Mustang wannabe. I do not. I am glad it is large and in your face. I think a good start for is to design another retro using the grand touring concept, along with a small POS for the Mustang wanna be crowd. A while back, someome posted an updated design on a GTX. If they'd build it, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Hell, even the 4 door 99' Charger design concept has some retro design cues, although I'd like it better as a 2 dr.
These cars are selling and it's not because they have a 21st century design or because an RT can beat an SS (because in most cases, it can't). It's because the retro design is authentic and takes us back to when design was king. It didn't matter if your 70 Challenger was a six then and it doesn't now. It's still a Challenger. Let's try the same concept with another retro model. JMHO. Tom

1 - 20 of 32 Posts