Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
rander said:
It's our turn now to be in the muscle car era. I'm 35 :D
I'm curios what generation really has the most interest in this car?

(1) Is it the old guys that had the original 1970 Challenger as a kid?:p
(2) Is it their sons who grow up wishing they were born 20 years earlier?:(
(3) Is it the kids of today, wanting a real muscle car to take to the High School drags?:rolleyes:

What generation are you??? :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally, I fall into the second generation. I'm 32 and I would have killed for a new 1970 Challenger when I was 18! Especially one that didn't cost an arm & a leg. ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I fall into the second category. I'm 25 and my dad is the original owner of a 73 Roadrunner, which has caused me to fall in love with the whole muscle car style. I would have killed to have something like this Challenger to drive to school. He got excited when i told him that I will buy one when released and asked if he could drive it. I couldnt say no seeing he let me drive his Roadrunner around since I was 20!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I fall into #1 category. I'm 52 and would have loved to have been driving a '69 Mopar when I was 16. Dad was a Chevrolet man and bought me a '69 Chevelle instead of a tricked out Maddox Chrysler/Dodge RoadRunner I was dying for. (Most friends drove RR's, GTX's, etc. back then) Anyway, I am getting one of these Challenger's when they come out with the biggest engine available!;) I have a new Charger HEMI now and have to fight with my wife over who's driving it everytime we go somewhere.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I fall into the category of being around during this era, but I never owned one. It's like I missed the whole muscle car thing. Bought big GM cruisers instead.

I look at the new Challenger as giving us a second chance. Not only that but I'm sure it will bring back a taste of my childhood.

This whole Challenger thing could get emotional for many people.

·
Registered
104 Posts
First category, but barely... I graduated from high school in 1973, and by then most of the Musclecar wars were over. I did get to drive "second hand" musclecars and for many years used 440, 440 Six Pack, and 426 Hemi cars as daily drivers...:D

During the 1980s I slowly transitioned to using "normal" cars as daily drivers, and now rarely drive an old car for normal transportation...

I am looking forward to buying my first "brand new" musclecar...

XS

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am in the 1.5 category :) Older brother and his friends had muscle cars (Cudas, Chargers, Bosses).

IMHO I think most interest will be in the older crowd. I just can't see many kids today wanting a car that looks like a car from 35 years ago. Analogy is a kid from 1970 wanting a car that looks like a 1935 Ford. The new camaro though I think will excite the younger crowd since it looks like something out of an Xbox/PS2 game.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im in the 3rd category, almost. i will be out of high school by the time the charger is released, and will be really lucky to get one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the first gen (53) and always wanted a Challenger, but could never afford a nice one back then. Now I'm in love with the new Challenger and so is my 29 year old son. He thought he wanted a new Mustang GT until they released Challenger pics. We are going to the Chicago show so we can drool together! :D

If production is slated for 2008 model year, we should both be in position. I'll have a few bills paid down and he will be a year into a new house (hopefully!). Then maybe we can buy two at the same time. That would be cool! :cool:

Can't wait! :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm number 0ne and have the car,but I want the new hemi challenger real bad,because it is an improvement in all aspects of the original.IMO,its the Best thing Dcx has done in a long long time for 2 dr. muscle car,probably since the original.;) :cool: But I think you'll find out that this car is soo cool that it will appeal to the masses in all the various age groups.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's an interesting link I dug up. Couldn't find a more appropriate thread; also not sure if its been posted. If so I apologize.

Anyways here is the 1970 Challenger SRT-8 with the amped up 392 hemi in it at the SEMA show. A detuned version of this engine could very well find its way into the SRT-8 version of the new challenger if reports are to be believed. Also the hood scoop is interesting isn't it? Who knows, with all that power under the hood they may go beyond power bulge and give us this or maybe even a shaker:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/sema.htm#CHALLENGER

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a 51 year old newbie to this forum. My first car was a 66 Lemans and at 18 I bought a 68 Goat. Unfortunately due to kids, a house etc. I had to get rid of my Goat. I have never owned a Mopar (excluding my 98 Wrangler) and have always wanted a 70 Dodge Challenger....my favorite movie...Vanishing Point.

I want a muscle car again before I am blue hair. I have driven the 05 Mustang GT and 05 GTO. Planned on getting a new Goat until the Detroit Auto Show and now I want a car that looks like a true muscle car....the new Challenger...in white of course.

I will stay posted for 08 Challenger updates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I 'sort-of' fall into category #2... I'm 26, and missed the first musclecar war.... But I didn't have any parents/grandparents that were into it... closest my family got was my dad's old Ford Maverick.. lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm In The 2nd Group. I Feel Like I Missed All The Cool Cars. So I Got Into Harleys And Other Bikes. This Is The Car I Have Kept An Eye Out For. If They Make It. I Will Have One!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm in the second group 29.

I love Mopars thanks to my wife (her family is all Mopar and I grew up in a Ford home) We go to Spring Fling every year. This year my wife is going to race the SRT-4 at Mopar at the Strip.

·
Registered
748 Posts
2nd gen here. I just missed the muscle car era by a few. I am 47, graduated high school in 1976. At least by then you could get a nice 8-10 year old muscle car on the cheap. Plenty of them were just calle "la bombas" and friends thought you were dumb for owning one... until you floored it!

I didn't get a chance to buy one brand new. Now's my chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
3rd group. 17 years old. My buddy has an old Duster in his garage hes working on and my uncle has an old Cuda not sure of the year, and I fell in love the Mopar Muscle Cars. While I would LOVE to get my hands on the new Challenger, I will most likely get an older 1970 that I can work on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts