Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking online and thought that the Challenger's next remodel should be closer to the 71 GTX I know this is a Plymouth but I think to keep it fresh and not reduce the size it would fit the foot print of that older model perfectly.
High body panels general look our Challenger is more like this car today than the Challenger. Just a thought but I don't want to see it shrink and then it could remodel and have a new old look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I love my B5 Classic dearly and have just put on a Maggie, as well as all of the other appearance mods I have made over the last 3 yrs; BUT.....if Dodge came out with a car like the blue one in photo #2, she'd be gone in a heartbeat! Yes, you can call me fickle!! :browsmiley:lol.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There was a tread on here of a spy shot. I have a feeling that the hood in the spy shot was this hood on the blue one. I tried to post that same picture but I kept having problems. Not sure if it ever went through. I'm getting my challenger soon because I absolutely love this model and I'm afraid I won't like the change. If this were to be the change, I'd be FURIOUS. My brother bought a jeep years ago. They hadn't changed the design in I don't know how many years and the following year they changed it up. Frankly I'm pretty much expecting to love the new look especially after I finally purchased the old look but it is what it is. Goes with the territory. Pretty much why so many people lease. Me on the other hand I hold on the vehicles until they're pretty much done.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I was never a fan of the 71 GTX/Charger look at all. The refreshening of the Challenger due in late SUmmer is suppose to resemble the current car and just be a freshening. Now in 2017/18 when it moves to a different platform who knows what it will look like.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
WOW the GTX

This was the first car that I actually just loved when I was in high school the GTX 440 6 Pak!
But all I could afford was a Chevelle (which I still have)
Now if I could have those big a$$ tires under my SRT Challenger, my life would be complete!

David

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
The allure of the Challenger is the trip down memory lane. Many of us who grew up with the original but couldn't afford them now have one because how close they resemble the originals. If it changes enough from where it is now it will lose it's appeal. My nephew saw the 2015 Mustang and just bought a 2014 while the selection was still good, the same will happen at Dodge if the loyal Challenger followers follow suit.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some more pictures of the 71 cars, I do think that as the Challenger comes to the end that they could just do this style and end the challenger, then it would be the last Muscle Car and not the Pony car (that it is not anyway)

I would like to see the Air Grabber Hood as well

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I just love my 2014.......

I do love the 70's but the new ones have evolved and I just love my 2014, it is perfect in my book, it is a body style that begs to be modified in so many ways I just love it!

David

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do love my car the Challenger is perfect I fell in love with the car as soon as I seen in 2008, all Im saying is that instead of redesigning it and making it look like crap I think that going to the 71-72 style would save it from going to a smaller platform. Some people want the Challenger to be smaller like the Camaro or Mustang. I do not think that a smaller car would be better I like the size and it is a Muscle Car not a Pony car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I prefer the current body style more but eventually they'll stop selling it. When that I time comes I'd think a GTX two door retro muscle car would be pretty cool. I hope after the challenger gets an 8-10 year run they build a retro version as cool as some of the renderings.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Check out the Saleen Challengers. He did exactly what you're talking about with the hood and bumper of the '71 GTX.

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
This "concept" of the '71 RR style modernized version looks GREAT! I would be VERY interested in one of those in addition to our Challenger. YES on the Air Grabber too. Hope the Dodge Boys are listening.

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
I would like to see Dodge build a retro-styled GTX or Road Runner as a stand alone model- not as a new Challenger.

From the spy photos that I have seen, the refreshed Challenger may look something like a 1971 Challenger. The following year, we can expect a downsized Challenger with much better power-to-weight.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Dodge didn't make any major styling changes back in the day and I doubt they would do something extreme today. The Challenger always had one iconic body style. Altering it to something else would ruin that legacy, IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Dodge didn't make any major styling changes back in the day and I doubt they would do something extreme today. The Challenger always had one iconic body style. Altering it to something else would ruin that legacy, IMO.
They are in a difficult position then huh? Design cannot stay the same forever but the name has a good deal of recognition and cult following.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I love my B5 Classic dearly and have just put on a Maggie, as well as all of the other appearance mods I have made over the last 3 yrs; BUT.....if Dodge came out with a car like the blue one in photo #2, she'd be gone in a heartbeat! Yes, you can call me fickle!! :browsmiley:lol.
agree with you 1000 percent

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not saying that the Challenger name should be used on the different body style But the current model has out lasted the 70-74 model I don't want to see the Challenger shrink and die a slow death. in 2016-2018 put the Challenger to bed and bring back a different model and run it for 5-10 years keep it fresh, the reason that everyone likes the Challenger is the styling if it gets shrunk or changed up in a major way it may loose that great look that it has.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I'm not saying that the Challenger name should be used on the different body style But the current model has out lasted the 70-74 model I don't want to see the Challenger shrink and die a slow death. in 2016-2018 put the Challenger to bed and bring back a different model and run it for 5-10 years keep it fresh, the reason that everyone likes the Challenger is the styling if it gets shrunk or changed up in a major way it may loose that great look that it has.
I guess the designers will have to answer to what to do. Could they simply use the new platform and just make a smaller version that looks the same? Or will they start fresh and make a different looking car with the Challenger name or drop the Challenger name altogether. Who knows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts