Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 R/T Scat Pack, A8, Octane Red
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through my Mopar garage page and saw this new safety recall for my 2022 Scat Pack. Here's an article I found in a quick web search that might explain it better.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
32,906 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2022 R/T Scat Pack, A8, Octane Red
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a limited time to get this done? I'd wait till I need tires. Didn't need this in the 70's :LOL:
I asked my dealer about getting them ordered and he said the parts weren't available yet. Also, since it's a safety recall I don't think there is an expiration on it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
32,906 Posts
The recall notices won't even be mailed until September 2, 2022

A Guy

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack Challenger
57 Posts
So if the battery dies, the low tire light come on. This recall is because people will ignore this light, and so when the light is supposed to come on with a low tire, they will also ignore it... Like if the person is gonna ignore the light, they are gonna ignore the light lol. This sure isn't something I am gonna stress over.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
32,906 Posts
I would assume vehicles not yet built would have upgraded sensors installed unless the parts are not available. Generally recalls must be done before a new vehicle, vehicles on lot are sold. How this would effect if parts are not yet available is hard to day. I'd expect unbuilt cars to get them 1st, then cars on lot, then customers

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would assume vehicles not yet built would have upgraded sensors installed unless the parts are not available. Generally recalls must be done before a new vehicle, vehicles on lot are sold. How this would effect if parts are not yet available is hard to day. I'd expect unbuilt cars to get them 1st, then cars on lot, then customers

A Guy
I hope you’re right - mine is still “Scheduled“. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Challengers and counting
2,174 Posts
I received my notice in the mail yesterday. Between this new issue and crappy, unglued door panels, the MY 2022 has been a bit of a disappointment since I got this car in May. Of all the Challengers I have owned so far, this one has been more of a headache, right up front. Had recalls before, usually after a year or two of ownership, never had quality-warranty issues with any prior model.

·
Registered
2022 WBSP Granite
224 Posts
As of yesterday mine showed no recalls. I hope this is still the case as I don't like tech's messing with my wheels. I would no doubt wait until the vehicle needed tires. Unless on of 2 things. The light becomes annoying which is probably going to happen since I am more like Sheldon than Penny on the Big Bang Theory. #2 it affects the ABS which the bulliten did not mention.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As of yesterday mine showed no recalls. I hope this is still the case as I don't like tech's messing with my wheels.
I upgraded the wheels/tires on my SP and I have no intention of letting the dealer dismount tires etc. I know if they damage/scratch them, they aren't going to be willing to replace them. I'm probably going to just wait and see if a sensor battery ends up dying and deal with it then. So far all 4 of the sensors work fine and I see no reason to fix something like this until it's broken.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I received the TPMS recall notice this week and plan to hold off on the repair, per the advice of LaChallenger and StepheK. I don’t trust the dealership mechanic to do a good job of dismounting and rebalancing the tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is there a limited time to get this done? I'd wait till I need tires. Didn't need this in the 70's :LOL:
My thoughts EXACTLY! Plus un-mounting & re-mounting in my case tires with less than 200 miles on them is nuts, I'll just keep my tires properly inflated like I do on my other vehicles :p

I just got my recall notice in the mail today. Looks like I'll head to the dealer and see about that along with my door panels that are coming unglued.
Whats going on with the door panels?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well a number of 2022 Challengers off the assembly line, have issues with the center material on the inside door panel coming loose, insufficient or bad glue. Mine was the passenger door panel, after a 3 month wait, they replaced it and now the driver side is going bad with the same issue.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well a number of 2022 Challengers off the assembly line, have issues with the center material on the inside door panel coming loose, insufficient or bad glue. Mine was the passenger door panel, after a 3 month wait, they replaced it and now the driver side is going bad with the same issue.
Like by the door handle? I guess it would be fairly obvious?
Thanks
ALR

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed this, and I agree it shouldn't be doing that. I'm having the interior redone in leather next week and part of the job is replacing this cloth, that is not glued well, with leather so there is that problem resolved :)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Like by the door handle? I guess it would be fairly obvious?
Thanks
ALR
Just above the door handle, it should be attached, tightly against the panel but it balloons outwardly, baggy like.
See the circle in the pic, this entire panel is loose on both sides. Well, I just replaced the passenger side.
Car Wheel Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle

• Helpful
Reactions: ALRUI
1 - 20 of 22 Posts