Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM volume up 7% despite recall woes; Ford slips 1% on weak car deliveries, VW skid continues

Nissan Motor Co., Chrysler Group and Toyota Motor Corp. set the pace with solid double-digit U.S. sales gains in April, joining other major automakers in extending the industry’s spring thaw.

Sales rose 18 percent at Nissan, 14 percent at Chrysler Group and 13 percent at Toyota, the companies said today. General Motors battled through its recall crisis for a second straight month to record a 7 percent gain. Hyundai also advanced, while Ford Motor Co. fell 1 percent in posting its third monthly decline of the year.

story

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
And I will likely add to the Chrysler Group sales this year. ;)

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good thing for their trucks because their car sales were down 24%. I think the new Jeep is hideous but it is selling like gangbusters.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
According to another thread on here, that Toyota growth is about to be reversed because of the HQ move to Texas. ;)
The Toyota news didn't hit until the end of the sales month. Besides, those Toyota loyals who drank the Kool-Aid are not ALL going to be replacing their vehicles in one sales month. Any impact would take years to be felt.

The bump is likely due to close of Toyota's Fiscal Year.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
The Toyota news didn't hit until the end of the sales month. Besides, those Toyota loyals who drank the Kool-Aid are not ALL going to be replacing their vehicles in one sales month. Any impact would take years to be felt.

The bump is likely due to close of Toyota's Fiscal Year.
I was thinking long term reversal, say next 3-5 years. Not this month, or next month, or even this year. Isn't that what you are proposing in the other thread that Toyota is on a slow decline, and the HQ move is going to speed it up?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I was thinking long term reversal, say next 3-5 years. Not this month, or next month, or even this year. Isn't that what you are proposing in the other thread that Toyota is on a slow decline, and the HQ move is going to speed it up?
Yup....the move in addition to everything else

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Just as I suspected, Challenger is recovering from the freaking winter BS.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Challenger has been getting a lot of unsolicited publicity with all these Hellcat reveals that turn out to be as fake as a Bigfoot sighting

·
Registered
27 Posts
According to another thread on here, that Toyota growth is about to be reversed because of the HQ move to Texas. ;)

Best move they could have made. I was in a manufacturing business in that most business unfriendly state of Kalifornia and they'll likely be leaving a trail of "good riddance" breadcrumbs all the way to Texas. Good call...the flight of business from Kalifornia continues unabated.

I can see why Nissan is doing well. I've owned >30 cars in 45 years and the best vehicle purchase I ever made was my '08 Pathfinder, which sits beside my '12 SRT8. Most reliable "car" I've ever owned and the only one I've kept as long as this one. Wouldn't sell it for 1.5x Kelly Blue Book.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I've owned 25+ cars, two of which were Nissans: a 1983 Sentra and a 2005 Xterra.

Worst POS I've ever owned...!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've owned 25+ cars, two of which were Nissans: a 1983 Sentra and a 2005 Xterra.

Worst POS I've ever owned...!
I suspect you suffer from clouded judgement as a result of being too close to the subject that so torments you. But that's just a guess.

If you want answers and satisfaction, look no further than the nest of clods in Sacramento that claims to represent your interests. They don't.

I LOVE my Nissan, and it's not for sale at any price! (I had to suffer a week in an Toyota 4Runner once when another car was in service...convinced me not to buy one, thankfully)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts