Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only two problems with my SRT8:
1. The chin spoiler keeps getting torn up;
2. The little rubber weather strip between the nose piece and the hood has rotted out and left.

With regard to the chin spoiler; yeah, I've learned to be more picky about how I park and where I drive the car. However, the whole front assembly is cheap and cheezy, and fits up like something from a toy store. Any good ideas on replacements?

The weatherstrip looks simple enough. I guess I could pop out the plastic pop rivets and install a new bulb type strip with new plastic or aluminum pop rivets. Anyone else have experience with this little annoyance?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually, you might call the chin spoiler "cheap and cheezy" but I've gotten more compliments on that alone that I ever expected...and frankly, I love it! I'm glad it's cheaper plastic...imagine how bad it would look if it were painted fiberglass or something....

Skarn

·
Registered
298 Posts
even the window paper or glove box paper when the car is new from the dealership it says it right on there, to be careful when going into driveways, etc. because of the front spoiler and the srt8 models are lower then other models.
I have been good about it, although I have forgot and came in a little to hot into driveways and scrapped! so its normal. my car is even lowered
2 1/2", if it makes you feel better a buddy of mine is a personal assistant to a nfl player and he has used his ferrari spyder a few times and picked me up and that things hits in every driveway, it was so craped up from past hits, so imagine how it must feel to scrap that thing! :bigthumb:bumper alone is probably cost more then our whole front end

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Imagine how I feel with the Mopar suspension installed and lowered 2" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. I'm surprised I still have a front spoiler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts