Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to nite shade my brake light... Just not sure about how to reattach the letters that run down the center. I will be removing those and painting them black just need to get some opinions on how to put them back on. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lookin to nite shade my brake light... Just not sure about how to reattach the letters that run down the center. I will be removing those and painting them black just need to get some opinions on how to put them back on. Thanks
Very anxious to see if someone replies to this.. I pretty mush just posted the same thing. I bought a challenger kit from Rvinyl to blackout my brake lights and I want to pull the D O D G E off and plasti dip them black or red(to match my accents). If you find anything in your research holler at me... [email protected]

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
462 Posts
I know you could buy some 3M emblem adhesive, put a small dab on each letter and stick them back in there. I don't know about any other options.

·
Banned
80 Posts
with heat they come of really easily, and I reattached mine with emblem adhesive after I painted them sublime green. The nightshades works great but make sure you have a lint free or dust free environment or youll be sanding them down and redoing them lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome guys i appreciate it and yeah i have been usin nite shades for a while now and idk if its a talent or everyone is just stupid but when i do it it looks awesome and never cracks! Glossy and all looks aftermarket!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Family car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

There it is!! Turned out great !! I ended up using 3m adhesive tape put it on the back of the letters cut them out and painted the letters black ! Will let yal know how well it works in a couple months.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
leave the letters on if using pasti-dip. tape around them with about an inch of overlap...spray on several coats...peel your tape off then just peel the plasti-dip off. all you need is a tooth pick to clean out the D and between some of the letters.

·
Registered
329 Posts
leave the letters on if using pasti-dip. tape around them with about an inch of overlap...spray on several coats...peel your tape off then just peel the plasti-dip off. all you need is a tooth pick to clean out the D and between some of the letters.

I got this advice from IDMTfirefighter a few months back, came out great.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
View attachment 59549

View attachment 59550

There it is!! Turned out great !! I ended up using 3m adhesive tape put it on the back of the letters cut them out and painted the letters black ! Will let yal know how well it works in a couple months.
How many coates of Nightshades did you use? In some of the videos I've seen, 3 looks too dark but that is the recommended amount. Did you pull your tail lights off the car for the process?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I did 4 once it dries it lightens up. I have been niteshadin stuff for awhile so its kinda a go by sightthing..and yes definitely take the lights out

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went the 3m tape route as well, after I colored matched the letters. They are still holding on. I bought the 3m liquid too but it was messy for my ocd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes tape is the best and yeah I painted my letter black. The tape is harder and more tedious job trimmin it up but definately is safer then goo and stuff on a brand new car in my opinion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts