Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anyone using, wired or have experience with these? If so, where and which wires did you use for the TPS and RPM tap. Thanks.

wildb :thanks:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't know the color codes, but most people tap into the accelerator pedal wiring for TPS and fuel injector wiring for RPM. I also have a 2009 and can look up the wiring on my tech manual CD later this evening if you don't get a response before then.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Looks like you need to tap into the Brown/Yellow on the fuel injector and Brown/White on the accelerator pedal.
Both the injector control - pin 1 and injector voltage supply - pin 2 are BR/YL but you want pin 1, wire closest to the pushdown release tab.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Phinatic & ChallyTatum, just got word back from NX people. They say:
for Hemi 6.1/5.7 TACH Wire - #7 injector wire-red side of connector OR blue wire-green tracer coming off coil pac *5.7 go off #3 coil pac.
TPS Wire - Down off gass pedal, second wire closest to driver seat- should be a white wire.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
Thanks Phinatic & ChallyTatum, just got word back from NX people. They say:
for Hemi 6.1/5.7 TACH Wire - #7 injector wire-red side of connector OR blue wire-green tracer coming off coil pac *5.7 go off #3 coil pac.
TPS Wire - Down off gass pedal, second wire closest to driver seat- should be a white wire.
What year is your challenger? BTW here is a link that give pinouts for mopars.

Mopar Connection Repair Kit

I have an innovate boost/AFR/shift light gauge and tapping off the injector does not give me accurate RPMs...although it might be the gauge. I am surprised they mentioned to tap the coil as an alternative as I have read some folk had issues with the car not running when going off the coils. But it sounds like this is not their 1st rodeo.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2009 SRT8 6.1 HEMI Orange Pearl

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,773 Posts
2009 SRT8 6.1 HEMI Orange Pearl
Ah I see, they told you "red side of the connector", which is the side that latches, because the wires on injector #7 are the same color. Although still surprised about the coil tap comment. There is more than one thread on this forum and others that say the coil pack leads cannot be used...not without an tach adapter (requires every coil to be tapped into).

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/tach-output-173545/

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sir, I will use injector for tach tap. Once I have it all installed I am going to dyno before using for proper tune. I have Diablo intune 3 and have installed 93 octane tune, raised shift points and such. What a difference from w/out. Dyno shop is Diablo dealer also so they can adjust more parameters & give my girl a sweet tune. Also have colder plugs ready to go. Sure do like my Challenger, was Chevy man before, but this is such a sweet ride...and the looks......AWSOME!
Thanks for your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts