Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 srt8 challenger 6 speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a request for a review of my nitrous system and so far its good and bad. The good is it really makes a difference you can really feel the car pull. Now the bad. I installed the nitrous outlet switch panel and the rocker switch for the bottle opener has a bad contact. I can open the bottle but it won't close unless I take the panel out and switch the wires to the other set of contacts. I took the switch out and checked it with a meter and got no contnuity on one set of contacts. I know how to check it im an electrician. I contacted nitrous outlet about the problem and still haven't got a response and that was days ago. I took the car out and did a run to record for my tuner. I put the car in the garage and didn't close the bottle because its a pain to take the panel out and switch the wires. The next day I went out to the garage and heard a hiss. The damn purge solenoid was leaking. So I drained my bottle that was 88 dollars to fill. So I sent them another message and haven't heard back yet. Then today I was taking the bottle out to get it filled again and noticed it was leaking at the bottle on the fitting where the nitrous line ties in. I took the fitting out of the bottle and it doesn't seem like the o-ring is seating. You can feel when an o-ring is being smashed into its seat. I have an o-ring kit so I guess I'll fix that with a little bigger o-ring. The one that makes me mad is the rocker switch. Its only like a 6 dollar part and I even offered to just buy one from them and still haven't got a response. The purge solenoid leaking is also and issue since I don't think I'm getting a good shot with it leaking. I'm going to give them a few days to respond to the issues then i guess I'm going to have to be an a$$ about it. I dont mind the problems so much its the fact that they haven't responded at all. Ill keep everyone posted and give updates on what happens

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Usually picking up the phone gets the best (if any) results. If all you get is un-returned phone messages from there, does not bode well for these guys. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually picking up the phone gets the best (if any) results. If all you get is un-returned phone messages from there, does not bode well for these guys. Thanks for the update.
You're right. I was going to call but I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I was afraid I wouldn't be very nice on the phone if they gave me the run around so I tried the message thing first. If they don't get back with me then I guess I'll try to call and hopefully the are helpful

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thats not good. I plan on getting the switches for the cupholder and hope i dont have any issues from them. Sucks cause they are the only ones ive found that make a panel for the '15 up cars and standard shifter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats why I went with them because the had a good set up. I'm not saying the set up is bad I'm happy with the way it is just not with the response when I have an issue. I'll give them a day or two and then call and see what they say.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ive got the NOS solenoids and purge, bottle opener. Only want their switches because of the location and look of it. Shame yours is leaking and switch issue. Hope they make good on it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,597 Posts
You're right. I was going to call but I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I was afraid I wouldn't be very nice on the phone if they gave me the run around so I tried the message thing first. If they don't get back with me then I guess I'll try to call and hopefully the are helpful
I agree with MiHi Hemi in that you should call them. It's easy to dodge an e-mail, but a phone call is a bit harder to avoid. The saying: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is pretty true, so you should start squeaking.

As far as not being nice to them on the phone if they give you the run around, my other saying is: "You get more with honey, than with vinegar". I understand your frustration and nobody likes to be lead on or BS'ed, but usually I've found that if you're nice and Respectful to them, there is a better chance of reciprocation on their part. Also, you could ask for the HDIC (Head Dude In Charge) and explain your problems and they might surprise you.

If they treat you badly, then post it up here and anywhere else that you can think of. Word of mouth can be a Great advertiser or a Business Breaker!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I try to be nice I really do but sometimes I come off as being "aggressive" as my wife says. I don't mean to its just my nature I guess lol. I'm usually in charge of large electrical projects and I have to stay on my employees because small problems cause big explosions. I guess I have a hard time turning it off. And your saying of honey and vinegar. Sometimes with to much honey all you get are more bees and stung 😆 ill be nice when I call i promise. I will say again that I do love the set up though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any update in this? I just recieved my cup holder switch panel from them and the bottle opener switch is kind of...sticky. Like to know before i pull all that interior out to run the wires.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i never heard back from them after sending messages. I know people were telling me to call but I didn't. Probably should have. I just got a new switch of line and changed it. Everything seems to be working fine now. My bottle seems to be leaking maybe around the pressure blow off. I know it was leaking there before and I thought i had it fixed but I need to pressurize it with air and dunk it in some water. Sure seems like I'm going through alot of nitrous and haven't used it much. I would think a 15lb bottle would last longer then it has.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a nitrous system and haven’t had it installed yet. I’m hearing that nitrous destroys the engine. Is it really bad for it? I have an ‘09 SRT with 23k miles on it with Hurst 6 speed manual. I’ve done 0 - 60 in 4.2 That was with tire spin in 1st and 2nd (before my new rear tire). I haven’t done any other engine mods yet, but the sound of an extra 125hp with NOS sounds like a good start. Please advise 🤷‍♂️
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a nitrous system and haven’t had it installed yet. I’m hearing that nitrous destroys the engine. Is it really bad for it? I have an ‘09 SRT with 23k miles on it with Hurst 6 speed manual. I’ve done 0 - 60 in 4.2 That was with tire spin in 1st and 2nd (before my new rear tire). I haven’t done any other engine mods yet, but the sound of an extra 125hp with NOS sounds like a good start. Please advise 🤷‍♂️
Well I have run 5 bottles so far and haven't had any issues. The only problem that I see with spraying is the set up and tune. Just make sure you have all the extras that go with it like low pressure fuel shut down good plugs like brisk and don't forget good fuel. Nitrous does the same thing that any booster does and adds cylinder pressure. Too much pressure and you know what happens. You're lucky to have the 6.1 its seems like a stronger engine then the other ones. Start off with a 75 shot for the first bottle and see how the car likes it and do some data recording and let the tuner look them over then jump to 100 and do the same thing. I stopped at 100 shot but I understand that the 6.1 can handle a 150 pretty well but why push it. A 100hp shot is very noticeable. Make sure you get a window switch also so you can set up the shot. If your car is pretty much stock you should do the bolt on thing with pipes intake air catch can which can be controversial here but I can tell you I have drained a ton of oil out of mine so I'm a believer. My tuner recommended and he has no dog in this fight so why not use it ots a cheap bolt on. I have gotten out of alot of races just by bumping the purge when they roll up beside me lol. They don't know how big a shot I'm running. I know you'll like it as long as is set up right. I remember the first time I ran the 100 shot. I smiled for days ☺

1 - 12 of 12 Posts