Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my endless endeavour to find the right tires, i have yet another question...

i was looking at the Nittos 555r 275/40-20s and the Pirelli PZero's in the same size. my question is which tire performs better WITHOUT a burnout as i keep hearing that the Nittos need a healthy burnout to work right. i drive mostly street and plan on getting to the track about once a month next year.

5,134 Posts
If you're that serious about going to the track (once a month), my recommendation would be to get a dedicated set of wheels/tires for the track. It's more expensive up front, but

a) you'll be more satisfied with the performance of your tires: a true drag radial at the track, and a good street tire on the street. One tire can't do everything very good.

b) you can beat up on your drag radials and not worry about chewing into your expensive street tires

Most "real" drag radials don't need huge burnouts, so they will last a long time depending on how many runs you do.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're that serious about going to the track (once a month), my recommendation would be to get a dedicated set of wheels/tires for the track. It's more expensive up front, but

a) you'll be more satisfied with the performance of your tires: a true drag radial at the track, and a good street tire on the street. One tire can't do everything very good.

b) you can beat up on your drag radials and not worry about chewing into your expensive street tires

Most "real" drag radials don't need huge burnouts, so they will last a long time depending on how many runs you do.
ok, well once a month may be a little bit of wishful thinking...

i'm only getting rear tires, so my main concern is buying the more expensive Nittos but only having them perform less or on par with the less expensive PZeros on the street if I ever want to rumble at the stoplight. will the nittos still outperform good street tires when a burnout isnt possible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts