Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I'm planing to get new tires for racing, performance and handling ..
I'm confused between 2 types of nitto tires, Invo and NT05
Which one is better ?

Plus, would it cause any harm to the gear or the engine if i run this size 20/40/275 ?

-SRT8 2010
thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Nt05s. 275/40/20 is perfect for the rears if you got a 9" wide wheel. Another words SRT. Will NOT recommend it for the front. I have the same exact setup on mine and DO track my car. But horrible wheels hop for drag racing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
143 Posts
275/40R20 Invos came on the rear on my car when I bought it with 15 K miles on it and they are not optimum for drag racing in my opinion. Mine are hard as a rock and I can spin them at will from any low speed roll.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Sorry for posting for late but I have to disagree with everyone against the Invo's. I had them on a C5 Corvette I owned and absolutely loved everything about the tires. Also a ton of Corvette owners go with them. A lot will criticize the tread pattern but if you go onto Nittos website and look at the technology behind the design, they are awesome. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I love my Invos when the outside temps are above 60. The warmer the better actually. In Winter, the Invos are a little slippery. That being said I'm still very happy with them, you just need to realize they don't grip as well in the colder months.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Haven't run the Invos but have run NT05 and I loved them, but I've since moved on to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport for not much more than the NT05s.

The NT05 grip great once warmed up, the downside is they don't last very long. I got about 8000 miles out of mine including 3 track days.

Sent from a cool, little device from the future.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I loooove my Invos and its all I run now ..... BFgoods super comps were good but Invos waaay better .... I see people complain about them and cant understand why .... now as stated above they aren't that good in cold temps ... maybe that's why but im in Florida .... no cold temps here ... I wont even use anything else

Reactions: cannonballcobb

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
On my R/T, 315/35ZR20 rear Invos on 20x10 wheels and 245/45ZR20 front Invos on 20x8.5 wheels

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
looks great Cannonball! It looks like no issues with rubbing in the back either
If you have a 20x10 rear wheel with +25mm offset, you should clear without rubbing with a 315/35ZR20 Invo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts