Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the NT05's on the rears for about 3 days now, all I can say is wow! They are incredible! I can launch the car now and down shift and punch it without losing ANY traction now where as before the tires would spin like crazy on the F1 and it would just be flat out dangerous to do it, these make you feel like you are literally glued to the ground.

I can floor it without being worried of spinning tires tires now which makes stop lights a LOT more fun and less "worrying" when I'm next to a mustang\camaro, these suckers just never seem to break grip, even when it's 45-55f out!

I went with the 275\40\20 I just hope they last long enough, their grip is absolutely incredible! The difference in acceleration I've gained is crazy since I can now actually plant all the torque this puppy generates, and it just gives a much higher "confidence" when it comes to taking on competition as you know you aren't going to spin

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I think these may be the best tires that I have heard of lately, not any complaints that I know of.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
NT05's

Sorry, but I didn't see any difference in 60 FT times vs the F1's. I wouldn't spend the money on them. As a matter fact I'll sell mine for 125.00 each plus shipping they only have 200 miles on them. Not sure what car your running but mine is an RT and all it did was smoke. Track owner said get a set of tires not those cheap want to be drag radials. 2 cents!!!!!!
Have had the NT05's on the rears for about 3 days now, all I can say is wow! They are incredible! I can launch the car now and down shift and punch it without losing ANY traction now where as before the tires would spin like crazy on the F1 and it would just be flat out dangerous to do it, these make you feel like you are literally glued to the ground.

I can floor it without being worried of spinning tires tires now which makes stop lights a LOT more fun and less "worrying" when I'm next to a mustang\camaro, these suckers just never seem to break grip, even when it's 45-55f out!

I went with the 275\40\20 I just hope they last long enough, their grip is absolutely incredible! The difference in acceleration I've gained is crazy since I can now actually plant all the torque this puppy generates, and it just gives a much higher "confidence" when it comes to taking on competition as you know you aren't going to spin

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
glad you went with them they are excellent on the street and wait till you heat them up and hit the twisties :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but I didn't see any difference in 60 FT times vs the F1's. I wouldn't spend the money on them. As a matter fact I'll sell mine for 125.00 each plus shipping they only have 200 miles on them. Not sure what car your running but mine is an RT and all it did was smoke. Track owner said get a set of tires not those cheap want to be drag radials. 2 cents!!!!!!
That's prob the first bad thing I've heard about these tires, I have a SRT-8 but when you say you have a R/T you might wanna say it's super charged though, takes a lot more for the tires to put down a super charged car, I find it strange your F1's gripped the same as the NT05s...mines a night and day difference, each to their own I love mine, just worried about how long they'll last!

You can also feel the road a good bit more with the NT05s, I notice "bumps" in the road that I never really noticed before.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Did some of you catch the round table discussion with the SRT Engineers on the lxforums the other day. When running the new 392 Challenger at the track, they threw on some Nittos and said that the car actually ran better times with the F1s. It surprised them. They expected it to be the other way around.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
what were your 60' times? and have you tried the tires before the supercharger install?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
they are not drag racing tires.. im sure they provide you more grip.. im also sure IRON meant they wont sub for a drag radial.. nto5r is the best (IMO) street strip tire.. I do feel the m&h's are better for the strip.. lighter thinner and arguably more grip..
but I pulled a 12.3 on the rsa tires with a 1.90 60 foot on a 6 speed.. I know the nittos are better than that, so for an all around tire.. hell yeas.
Also id like to know the size you got and how many on hand also

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
The best time prior to the SC and the 3.92 Getrag on F1's was a 1.98 the same with NT05's. The (2)tires are on my Hertiage wheels and there 255's so their not as wide as the 275's. I ran 22# of air in both sets. I tried to heat these up as you can see in my Avatar pic at the Mopar Nat no go. Now that I put the SC and the 3.92 Getrag in all it did was smoke. I did run a 12.34 and a 1.98 60 with the NT05's. But I really didn't get into it. I had to leave the ESP on to control the car. I bought a set of Weld 17" wheels and MT 275/40/17 DR just waiting for the tracks to open and just maybe I'll break mid 11's.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Ah dang. If they'd been 275s I'd have been all over those.

My Invos do "ok" on the street with a full tank of fuel, but anything below a half tank and it's like ice skating.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
they are not drag racing tires.. im sure they provide you more grip.. im also sure IRON meant they wont sub for a drag radial.. nto5r is the best (IMO) street strip tire..
2x...
rpaulg87, better start saving for a transmission..... somethin's gotta slip a little.... unless you make it bullet proof..

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
You're right. Thats why I'm buying a trailer and looking at a Trans as a future investment. Speed is a sickness we always want to go faster. I sold a mid 10 sec Mopar to buy this car and now look where I'm at again!!!! LOL
they are not drag racing tires.. im sure they provide you more grip.. im also sure IRON meant they wont sub for a drag radial.. nto5r is the best (IMO) street strip tire..
2x...
rpaulg87, better start saving for a transmission..... somethin's gotta slip a little.... unless you make it bullet proof..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I cant wait until my F1's wear down so I can get some Nt05's. I think im gonna go 255/45 on all four stock srt wheels.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
i cant wait until my f1's wear down so i can get some nt05's. I think im gonna go 255/45 on all four stock srt wheels.
you can go larger 275/40/20 if you wanted :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why am I being told to save up for a new transmission simply because I put NT05s on my car? Pretty sure we have a stout transmission, only danger really is when you are super charging (or doing other big hp increases)....be pretty pathetic if a "slightly" modded Challenger SRT-8 went through transmissions in less than 15k!

My understanding is the rear diff will go before the transmission, everything I've looked up and been told the tranny we have in the Autos is very durable...you can even do that solenoid or w\e swap to up it another 50\70 tq\hp

correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Ah dang. If they'd been 275s I'd have been all over those.

My Invos do "ok" on the street with a full tank of fuel, but anything below a half tank and it's like ice skating.
Honestly, having used 275 invos on a 100% stock Challenger and having extreme traction issues, I don't see how you're able to get them to work at all for you with the blower.

As for the OT... I cant attest to the rear wheel traction of the NT05's but I can say that the 315 NT05r's (dot drag radials) had AMAZING traction but HORRIBLE tread life as daily driver tires.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I'd imagine the R's would, I wouldn't ever imagine putting a NT05R on a "street driven" (daily) vehicle, as you will waste them and eat them up incredibly quick. So the Invos are really THAT bad? Like are they worse than F1s? Guess I'm lucky they were out of stock and I was forced to get NT05s lol, even in the rain and 40f weather today the NT05s handled fine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts