Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 months I have been looking for Nitto 555r drag radials in 275/40/20 size. It seems everyone is back ordered. Has Nitto decided not to make them? I want to order them from Discount Tire Direct, not because they are a sponsor, but I ordered from them when I made a full size spare for my SRT, and was very satisfied. I would be interrested in the Nitto 05r but they are back ordered. The whole internet is back ordered!! I live in Maryland just south enough that spring is breaking. I will wait if I have to, but if any body knows when the tires will be available please let me know.

PS. I don't care what the SRT engineers say, the Goodyear F1's SUCK!!!!!!!!!:(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed... F1's suck in an epic way.

As for the Nitto's. I've run mine at the track for a while and I love them. If you get them to temperature (don't over do it) the traction is great. I like them. I have them on a set of Bliss wheels I got for a song...I swap tires at the track.

What I am looking to do is go to a 17 inch rim and a drag radial or slick with a bigger sidewall. I'll drop in overall diamete which will give me better accelerarion and a bit more grip for better 60 foot times.

To do that though... I'd like to sell the Nitto setup first... I have to get to that though.... Tires still have a lot of passes in them and the rims are excellent. 20x10's with a 5-115 pattern. Problem I think I am going to have is finding a local to buy them. Don't have many Mopars at the track in Miami and shipping could be costly if I go ebay...

In the end.... the Nittos are great. I had some trouble finding them as well but was able to get them in about a week.

Believe it or not.... try Tire Kingdom, if you have them in the area. They have sources for the tires if they don't stock them centrally. I did not get mine there, but they did give me a short lead time. Frankly I was surprised. I just happened to find a local that got them even faster.

·
Registered
326 Posts
which is the better drag nittos or M and r

·
Registered
103 Posts
M&H? ---- I am guessing you are asking about M&H or M+H depending on how you see it....

M&H's are very popular and I've seen plenty of folks running them. I, personally, have not but I know a couple of LX's that love them.

The Nittos are very good for a 20" tire (that's what I have used so far). I have consistently gotten to the 2.0s 60' time. 1.9s with a perfect launch.

Mickey Thompsons are also highly regarded and I just got my hands on a set and will be running them this weekend and will let you know how it goes. I am expecting an improvement. I would assume that 1.9s 60' times should be easy and I should see about a .1s improvement on the 1/8 mile. (what I have in Miami)

Hoosiers are also quite good and I had a chance to run them (lent to me once on the track by a Charger running in the mid 10's at the time) and they were impressive. Instant drop of .150 on the 60' time. That's impressive. Part was the fact it was a smaller tire... 25" diameter vs. a 28"... but part was the traction and ability to lauch a bit harder.... ie faster roll onto the gas... This is why I am expecting good things form the MT's

Hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts