Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at buying a 2011 RT classic 6 speed w/ super track pack & nav for the last few weeks, it seems that no dealer has it within 200 miles (!) from me (So cal)... i want the car to have at least the optioned i want (but not less)... didn't think these cars are so rare... was able to locate one but it was a some lucky guy's pre-order...

There is this 2010 HO RT (no super track pack) w/ 6000 off MSRP in stock at a dealer near me but i really like the classic wheels than the 20" on the 2010.

One thing i also notice is that all the 2011 classics i saw has 430N nav but not 730N, i thought all 2011 has 730N?

As far as super track pack... is the only difference the track tune suspension (if this is the case, i can just install an aftermarket kit)...

Does the 2011 6 speed rt classic has the EVIC standard or only the cars with the Super Track Pack?

Sorry that's a lot of questions haha, but is this config really that rare? i have been wanting this car since yesterday already and i can't believe there isn't one available!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I will do my best here...

1) Both the 430N and 730N Nav systems are available on the 2011 Challenger (only 430N was initially available at beginning of model year).

2) STP on 6-Speed Classic includes: Performance Tires, Heavy Duty Brakes, Performance Steering w/ Electronic Variable Assist and Track Tuned Suspension.

3) EVIC is standard on 2011 R/T Classic

If I can help you with your search, or purchase, please let me know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for clarifying, it looks like STP will be a must... sure wish you were a dealer in socal...

maybe i'll just have to wait until the right car comes along but i really want to have the car already... another possiblity i see would be RT Plus with HID, Sound II & (430n or 730n), super track pak & 20s (not liking the new style, but getting the classic or other wheels should be easy)...

·
Registered
320 Posts
The Super Track Pak is a must have option in my opinion, but why not order exactly what you want? Of course with the Japanese paint issue, it might be a while.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I have sold a number of Vipers/Challengers into Southern California, one of which delivered to a forum member (ThingFish) in Los Angeles/Burbank area today, so distance is only an issue if we let it be.

I have a Redline 3 R/T Classic 6-Speed in stock currently and a few unspoken for GWE R/T Classics in-bound along with some other colors, and don't mind special ordering one for you either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Been looking at buying a 2011 RT classic 6 speed w/ super track pack & nav for the last few weeks, it seems that no dealer has it within 200 miles (!) from me (So cal)... i want the car to have at least the optioned i want (but not less)... didn't think these cars are so rare... was able to locate one but it was a some lucky guy's pre-order...
That wouldn't happen to be a black one near Fresno would it? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that your black RT? It is near Fresno (Visalia?), if it is, lucky you

I am open to black/white/billet ... too bad no more HO for 2011...

No ordering from factory... taking too long... i thought the paint issue is only affecting the GWE... sales guy told me earlier today "black" is in shorage (but i saw a gazillion blacks during my "inventory search") due to paint supply from Japan, and i thought he was BSing... so they get all the paint from JPN?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is that your black RT? It is near Fresno (Visalia?), if it is, lucky you
Yep, that's mine, I jumped on it when I found out about the paint issue - it had already been ordered by the dealer and showed as "in transit" which apparently means "we haven't built it yet".

I did pester them to remove it from searches to avoid this kind of thing though, sorry.
I am open to black/white/billet ... too bad no more HO for 2011...
You can still order a Toxic Orange or White one at the moment I believe.

The paint issue ought to free up the plant pretty soon as they build their existing orders.
No ordering from factory... taking too long... i thought the paint issue is only affecting the GWE... sales guy told me earlier today "black" is in shorage (but i saw a gazillion blacks during my "inventory search") due to paint supply from Japan, and i thought he was BSing... so they get all the paint from JPN?
Paint affects any of the "pearl" colors, leaving only Tungsten, White and Orange as available colors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You lucky dog... did you get tired of locating the right car and end up ordering?

Yep, that's mine, I jumped on it when I found out about the paint issue - it had already been ordered by the dealer and showed as "in transit" which apparently means "we haven't built it yet".

I did pester them to remove it from searches to avoid this kind of thing though, sorry.

You can still order a Toxic Orange or White one at the moment I believe.

The paint issue ought to free up the plant pretty soon as they build their existing orders.

Paint affects any of the "pearl" colors, leaving only Tungsten, White and Orange as available colors.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
For the most part this is correct, though there are some exceptions such as Toxic Orange Pearl Coat. The paints affected are all of those that use a pigment called Xiralic, manufactured by Merck.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You lucky dog... did you get tired of locating the right car and end up ordering?
At first, yes, I was just going to order one of the things and spent a week shopping around the LA dealers for quotes (incidentally, South Bay Dodge gave me the best one).

Unfortunately, during that week they stopped taking orders for any cars using the affected paint, by the time I found out, it was too late to order a new one, that's what I get for being responsible :)

Once I found that out, I just searched all of cars.com for a Challenger with the Classic 6 speed package - it also turned out to have the nav unit I wanted (well I wanted the 730N but the 430N is close enough) and the super track pak, so I called up the dealer and put a deposit down the following morning.

Spent the past few weeks tracking the thing through the insight system, it's finally on a train and moving well, should hopefully arrive in Los Angeles the end of next week.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got my 2011 Redline 3 classic on Tuesday after waiting 122 days for it. I know what you mean about the options. I went the order route after finding the cars on the lot either had options that I did not want or not optioned enough. For instance, I could not find a Classic without a sunroof or the 403N with nav with the super track pack. I wanted the Classic options, just not the other stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am open to have more options but it needs to have at least the options i wanted... and that seems to be in limited supply... maybe i need to just wait awhile when more 2011 comes in... im also open for a RT plus w/ HID, STP, 20's (swap for classics later), Sound II & nav... but that's no where to be found either, haha, 122 days sounds a lot longer than 45-60 days what the dealer tells me

·
Registered
254 Posts
There's this one;
http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT2BH551140

It's a Black R/T Plus that appears to have everything you want except the HID Headlights.

This one (a Redline Classic) does have the HID headlights but it's quite a bit more expensive because it also has the interior and exterior appearance groups;

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT7BH501222

They're both at Elk Grove Dodge, which is a fair bit more than 200 miles away, but it's still in California :) Not sure if you tried a wider search radius, but those are about as close as I can find.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am open to have more options but it needs to have at least the options i wanted... and that seems to be in limited supply... maybe i need to just wait awhile when more 2011 comes in... im also open for a RT plus w/ HID, STP, 20's (swap for classics later), Sound II & nav... but that's no where to be found either, haha, 122 days sounds a lot longer than 45-60 days what the dealer tells me
That's the time frame I was originally quoted. It was built in a timely manner (2/14) but it got caught up in bad weather/trucking vendor/railcar shortage issues. It didn't ship until the first week of April. Once on the rails, things went very fast.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good looking out... gonna do more search over the weekend... also tried cars.com but the info is not as complete as Dodge's site...

The black one you showed doesn't seem to be a RT plus (since I don't think it has the EVIC??) is the EVIC standard on RT plus & classics?

There's this one;
http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT2BH551140

It's a Black R/T Plus that appears to have everything you want except the HID Headlights.

This one (a Redline Classic) does have the HID headlights but it's quite a bit more expensive because it also has the interior and exterior appearance groups;

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT7BH501222

They're both at Elk Grove Dodge, which is a fair bit more than 200 miles away, but it's still in California :) Not sure if you tried a wider search radius, but those are about as close as I can find.

·
Registered
93 Posts
OP, I know exactly what you are going thru. I'm in SoCal as well, and I'm looking for a black 2011 challenger classic, 6 speed. I actually saw one at the first dealer I went to, then I wanted to think more about making this purchase and a couple days later it was gone. Now I can't find one anywhere.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good looking out... gonna do more search over the weekend... also tried cars.com but the info is not as complete as Dodge's site...
Good luck!
The black one you showed doesn't seem to be a RT plus (since I don't think it has the EVIC??) is the EVIC standard on RT plus & classics?
Yep, you're right, 27J is the R/T Plus, that car is a 27F, my mistake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No worries Kyoseki...

The search goes on haha... it looks like there are a few options

1. skip STP
2. skip nav (i did locate one w/ everything else but only Sound II with 430)
3. open to other colors

Can the dealer sawp out 430 with 430N with ease (meaning just simple head unit swap, no additional wires needed to be wired)?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts