Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 SRT 8 has been in storage and got it out a few days ago. Everything was fine the first day I took it out, but this morning the air, heat or circulation buttons won't work. I'm going to check the fuse(s), but any other reasons why all three wouldn't be working?

·
Super Moderator
15,561 Posts
You could have a failed blower motor (won’t be able to blow air into the cabin), a failed fan switch (will make it impossible to adjust the blower fan speed), a failed relay, or a short in the wiring.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,449 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Any lights? Blinking or otherwise?

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,313 Posts
My 2010 SRT 8 has been in storage and got it out a few days ago. Everything was fine the first day I took it out, but this morning the air, heat or circulation buttons won't work. I'm going to check the fuse(s), but any other reasons why all three wouldn't be working?
Seemingly out of the blue issues like you mention can arise from rodent damage. It is always a red flag to me when someone posts about issues with a car and mentions the car has been in storage.

You can check fuses but if any fuses are blown there's a reason and rodent damage which can result in wiring shorts still has to be considered.

You should probably check the car for rodent sign. Litter on top of the engine. Or litter on top of any panels that are under the car. I have seen small bare patches in carpet the mice scrape the rug pile away to use to line the nest.

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Any lights? Blinking or otherwise?
This^^^
Did the little amber lights on the heat/AC knobs flash when you started the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts