Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I recently purchased a 17 challenger by with no c.d. Player! I am not mechanically inclined, I still have my flip phone of several years, guess you could call me a dinosaur. Anyway, I need my tunes, (cds) how or what do I need to do? But a aftermarket CD player and but it in glove box? Can I somehow copy them to a flash drive and insert it into the proper place?
Green Go power!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
698 Posts
I have a CD player that I store in the glove box and take out when I want to listens to a few old CD's...Usually on a longer trip...On the '15, it plugs right into the pin plug outlet in the center console...

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
188 Posts
Just my $0.02 but these days subscribing to Amazon Music or other similar services for about 8 bucks a month with full access to all music ever made - on any device- is a better bet than dealing with your old CDs.

The Challenger can play Amazon music pretty well thru the CarPlay integration.

I uploaded my CDs to my computer about 10 years ago and never listen to them at all now.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yes, I recently purchased a 17 challenger by with no c.d. Player! I am not mechanically inclined, I still have my flip phone of several years, guess you could call me a dinosaur. Anyway, I need my tunes, (cds) how or what do I need to do? But a aftermarket CD player and but it in glove box? Can I somehow copy them to a flash drive and insert it into the proper place?
Green Go power!
I feel ya bro! I have a big cd, and cassette library that’s pretty much useless..I must admit MP3 is best!! no skipping, huge storage blah blah, but rebuying old music for new formats every x amount of decades starts to become a p.i.t.a

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts
My 2014 came with a CD player, so you may be able to do some sort of mod to install one of these in your ride. I do know that you'll have to keep your existing system/distraction due to other features it contains. Whoever thought a touch screen in a vehicle was a good idea is an idiot. Using it is not much different from texting. The thing is that I can use analog knobs and buttons without looking at them once I know where they are located.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
139 Posts
My 2014 came with a CD player, so you may be able to do some sort of mod to install one of these in your ride. I do know that you'll have to keep your existing system/distraction due to other features it contains. Whoever thought a touch screen in a vehicle was a good idea is an idiot. Using it is not much different from texting. The thing is that I can use analog knobs and buttons without looking at them once I know where they are located.
Agree 100%!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
139 Posts
No CD player? What happened to the cassette player? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,480 Posts
Mine is in my living room, and it converts LPs and cassettes to CDs...

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,619 Posts
I know dodge sold one as an accessory and it was like $400 or something crazy. I can't find it now, but this
claims to work and is just a crazy priced. I did try a USB CD/DVD drive in my 2015 Charger and it didn't work. I'll have to try in my 2018 with the different USB stack. It did power the drive, and it would eject and spin up, so that wasn't the limitation .

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
well then what happened to 8 track players like in my Cuda........still have them

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
698 Posts
Cassette in other car...
Chevofmon1.JPG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just for the sake of adding to this discussion.
A long time ago, I believe Chrysler had a sound option that was a record player. A turntable. In the car.
Now that would be a collectible!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,619 Posts
Just for the sake of adding to this discussion.
A long time ago, I believe Chrysler had a sound option that was a record player. A turntable. In the car.
Now that would be a collectible!
Highway HiFi I believe.
I've seen one at a swap meet once.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
45 rpm vinyl in a hot car in the summer...what could go wrong

without a passenger to change the records, every 2 1/2 to 4 minutes...got to change the record ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
Green Go power!
I had the same situation when my '16 was being built (large CD collection) and I copied my CD library to computer hard drive and the choice is either to put on SD Cards ('15 - '16) or USB stick

I don't have music on my phone so that was the approach I went with

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
oh, now I' see its a drop style mechanism, just flipped upside down for the played records to drop off the spindle.

See these units, just never looked at one in operation.

a '61 DeSoto (or pretty much anything from that era, save for a Corvette) had such softly sprung suspensions and that player probably has springs to isolate the changer from the chassis to avoid skipping.

I'll bet the tracking force on that arm is probably pretty high...

I remember seeing a 45 player in a 50s Chevy / Pontiac / Olds in Izmir, Turkey in the early 70s - they were prized as taxis as those old sleds were built more tough than the crummy cars that were sold in Turkey (Skoda, Fiat, etc)
If something wore out, they take it apart and fix it - or get parts shipped over.

the US servicemen would ship their cars over from the 'states when stationed there - cars depreciated so much that they'd sell them instead of shipping back to the 'states. And they were reborn as taxis.

It was something to ride in a 50s car on bias ply tires on hilly cobblestone streets back then!

Unlike Cuba, they kept the stock engines where due to embargo, many of those vehicles in Cuba have Russian truck engines in them to keep them going

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
698 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts