Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the LA auto show website. Makes no mention if the Dodge Challenger is going to be there or not. So I'm guessing that it's only going to be shown at the NAIAS? If thats true then.... BASTARDS I HATE YOU ALL! J/K but seriously that sucks for us Cali drivers.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: No 'Challenger' at the LA Auto Show?

blackarmy said:
Looking at the LA auto show website. Makes no mention if the Dodge Challenger is going to be there or not. So I'm guessing that it's only going to be shown at the NAIAS? If thats true then.... BASTARDS I HATE YOU ALL! J/K but seriously that sucks for us Cali drivers.
Yep, I just received my DCX e-mail invitation and all they mention is the Chrysler 'Firepower' concept. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Sad... :(
I'm looking forward to seeing the Firepower, but the Challenger was the real reason for my willingness to put up with all the little rugrats running rampant at the LA Show again....:eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the fire power is nice. something to compete against the base corvette. but it is no challenger. im going to bug every dodge employee there asking about the challenger. that way they'll report back to the big guys. you should all do the same!

·
Registered
77 Posts
That firepower looks really nice! looks to be light, should be really quick.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yep, do let those DCX reps know that there are a lot of us here who are extremely excited, anxious, and willing to buy the new Dodge 'Challenger' as soon as they begin rolling off the assembly line. :D

With regard to the 'Firepower', Car & Driver Television re-aired an earlier broadcast a couple of weeks ago which featured the Chrysler 'Firepower'...stating that DCX has discussed possibly setting the MSRP around $65,000. :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
With regard to the 'Firepower', Car & Driver Television re-aired an earlier broadcast a couple of weeks ago which featured the Chrysler 'Firepower'...stating that DCX has discussed possibly setting the MSRP around $65,000. :cool:
:eek: :eek: 65K!! There not planing on saleing alot of those

·
Registered
492 Posts
MentallyChallenged said:
Firepower was at last years Detroit Auto Show. Got some nice pics of it. If its there again I will take some HDTV quality video of it along with the Challenger (of course) :) :)
Hey, that sounds great, and also take as many as you can and post your review/'first-hand' impressions of the 'Challenger'. :cool:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Why pull up a thread two years old? read what they are saying the Challenger was still a dream and not a reality!

Who really cares about LOOKING at a Challenger at a car show when you can go look and DRIVE one at your local dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
They did the same in Anaheim a month ago.. all that matters is the car is there for the looky-loos. At this point, there's no sense in spending millions to setup elaborate shows around the country and mass marketing when only a select few are buying.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Firepower was at last years Detroit Auto Show. Got some nice pics of it. If its there again I will take some HDTV quality video of it along with the Challenger (of course) :) :)
If they are indeed floating the Firepower again, it was at the LA show two years ago. It is a fine looking vehicle, and yes I think another poster was correct that it was based on the Crossfire chassis (which they no longer build so how can they leverage?) and it sported a 5.7. That said, it's a retread.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/65Silverfish/Firepower/DSCN8029.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/65Silverfish/Firepower/DSCN8031.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/65Silverfish/Firepower/DSCN8032.jpg

p.s. - I have a friend that stopped at the LA show and said they did have a couple Challengers there, one with an aftermarket hairdryer. 8^)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts