Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, Well after having a 2009 se ,ordered a 2010 pcp stp Classic,a pcp srt,and then a 392 yellow jacket,i sold it in hopes of ordering a cuda,but it doesnt look like thats going to happen now, got the wife a 13 charger r/t. so will have to get back in the 392 ranks. See you soon back on the forums mike:)

·
Premium Member
9,673 Posts
The name Cuda or the whole concept of making these cars a little smaller and more agile and better braking using Italian sports car design?
If it's not going back to its roots select a different name. Look at what they did to the charger. That car was never a four door so they should have let the name rest in peace.
The Cuda was never an Italian sports car, nor should it ever be one. Fiat isn't looking at the product line through the eyes of a man who grew up in the USA and loving American muscle. They are Europeans looking to make money off the buying public period. If the Challenger wasn't a retro car there would be another Mustang or Corvette in my garage. Once Fiat bought out Chrysler it's a forever game changer.

Reactions: guitar2323

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I would not be surprised if a non retro...

Cuda shows up in 16' or 17.' Many people (self included) are not concerned that Plymouth was the original maker. It's still a Chrysler Group/Mopar product. "Dodge Cuda," or SRT Cuda sounds fine to me.

If it does make an appearance, I bet it will be modern like the 15 Mustang. The younger generation is where the car manufacturers are focused. They want to grow an entire generation of customers, and these youngsters are not necessarily concerned about retro looks.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I like muscle car/retro look myself. But I also like to evolve a little.Look at how far the Corvette has evolved. I think there needs to be some what of a balance. These Challengers are freaking beautiful,But I would give up a little of its size to perform a little better in the turns. I just hope they don't mess with the body linesto much. Like they did with the new Camaros.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If it does make an appearance, I bet it will be modern like the 15 Mustang. The younger generation is where the car manufacturers are focused. They want to grow an entire generation of customers, and these youngsters are not necessarily concerned about retro looks.
This is the truth. To bad that it will fall on deaf ears or should I say a blind man's eyes on CT.

·
Premium Member
9,673 Posts
I like muscle car/retro look myself. But I also like to evolve a little.Look at how far the Corvette has evolved. I think there needs to be some what of a balance. These Challengers are freaking beautiful,But I would give up a little of its size to perform a little better in the turns. I just hope they don't mess with the body lines too much. Like they did with the new Camaros.
You have a point but the Corvette never left the stable it's been a continuous and ever evolving car. Our Challengers came back as a retro to entice us to buy one. If they just reused the name and had no true connection to the originals many of us wouldn't be in this group. Maybe instead I would have bought an antique 60's or 70's car.

Reactions: guitar2323

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Think about how far these Challengers have come from a 70s car. Independent rear suspension. Traction control. VVT. MDS. Air bags etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, i know cuda was not dodge,and i know by the forum hype,and my dealer that there was talk of it being built,still a dodge but with some of the cuda accents and a 6.2 s/c I did jump the gun in getting rid of my yellow jacket.All is well tho I will just get another 392:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Breaking news...

Cuda Spy photos just released....
Looks like something built by OCP. :thinkerg:

As for the Cuda, I heard Bigfoot bought the first one.

The 392 Is great but Why not wait for the Hellcat? Its got the 6.2 you were looking for. Or maybe a 2015 392, not that far away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts