Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I've been searching through the latest posts & it seems that with the colors that are listed, some of the other/previous high-impact colors are currently not on the list. Realistically I know this is subject to change (like when HO was supposed to be R/T only in '09 & the R/T classics only advertised B5 Blue for the color when they were first heard about) & although there are people on both sides of the fence I personally wish they continue these colors...I own a HO '09 R/T and due to the fact that I may have a European buyer willing to pay a very nice sum of euros to buy my car, I'm SERIOUSLY considering going after a 392 SRT-8...thing is, me being me, I want to replace an HO car with an HO car...of course it could get painted but it's not the same...so that is my quagmire...I want the 392 BAD, but not at the cost of losing a car in my fav color...I know the factory can only do so much, it's just the one thing I wish we had that the other 2 muscle cars enjoy - consistent/constant color options. Anyone heard anything if HO, PCP, or B5 will be offered??? If they make a HO 392, I will have it...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Read my emailed dodge post. I am trying to get people to contact Dodge to fix this. They brought HO back before. If we can generate enough buzz to Dodge, they will bring it back again. Dodge apparently fell down and bumped their head when deciding what colors to bring out for 2011.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hate to say it but I hope they don't bring it back for 2011. This will keep resale prices higher for the 09 and 10s. I think they should bring in new colors and keep them limited.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can understand why there are those who already own one don't wish for the color to continue...as an owner of one, I do appreciate that we have the potential of having a limited color-run car, however I can't understand why Dodge would miss out on offering Hemi Orange on their flagship Hemi car. To me, the color epitomizes Hemi performance along with B5, PCP, etc. (mainly 'cuz these are vintage based hues). Not to mention, I would feel for the buyers who have wanted to be the first owner of a new '11 HO Challenger - and now they can't. Instead, they have to buy a used model. Either way, don't get me wrong, any Hemi Challenger in ANY color with any trim package is a great car, I just think the big bad 392 Hemi would look damn fine in that classic Orange shade...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I will echo the comments above - I hope they do not bring back HO. It's had a good run and we need to keep it somewhat limited.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will echo the comments above - I hope they do not bring back HO. It's had a good run and we need to keep it somewhat limited.
I'm not sure I understand this. What about Black or White? What about the people who bought those colors? Is it wrong that auto companies bring those colors out every year? If I buy HO, I could care less if they bring the color out every year. It's a popular color. It would seem selfish to say "I don't want anyone else to get my color." When you look at people who own classic challengers, what kind of colors are they painting those cars? I haven't seen any in Toxic Orange or Blackberry Pearl. Why would I want a new Challenger in that color?

·
Registered
891 Posts
So, for you guys that want to keep HO limited, do you really think its a 'rare' colour now? After black , I'm positive its the second most popular colour. Every 3rd Challenger I see is orange, and I love the colour. If you picked HO just because you wanted a 'rare' coloured car, you made the wrong choice, should have considered Inferno red, B5, PCP or the ultra rare Titanium. Whens the last time you saw a grey one?

To the OP, I am 99.99923% positive orange will be back VERY soon. Chrysler is in the business of selling cars, not pleasing Challenger enthusiasts, sorry. They make absolutely no money keeping your sold car 'rare'.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So, for you guys that want to keep HO limited, do you really think its a 'rare' colour now? After black , I'm positive its the second most popular colour. Every 3rd Challenger I see is orange, and I love the colour. If you picked HO just because you wanted a 'rare' coloured car, you made the wrong choice, should have considered Inferno red, B5, PCP or the ultra rare Titanium. Whens the last time you saw a grey one?

To the OP, I am 99.99923% positive orange will be back VERY soon. Chrysler is in the business of selling cars, not pleasing Challenger enthusiasts, sorry. They make absolutely no money keeping your sold car 'rare'.
Every 3rd Challenger is HO, that is why they do not need to bring it back. Personally I think they should have stopped the color after 2009. Yes I did buy a 2010 because it was available but I would have been just as happy buying a used 2009 in the color I wanted. I also passed on 2 different Titaniums to get the HO. At the time the HO was the hardest color for me to find. I had to drive 2 hours away to get it.

Dodge should pick a different color each year to be the "special" color. HO, lime green, PCP, etc and then rotate them every few years. So if the color this year was PCP, you wouldn't see it again for 5 or 6 years. They could even rotate in a more common color like white with different graphics to change it up. Suzuki has been doing this on their M109R-LE motorcycle and it works well.

If they do bring back the HO I will not be upset, just voicing my opinion on the matter.

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts
So, for you guys that want to keep HO limited, do you really think its a 'rare' colour now? After black , I'm positive its the second most popular colour. Every 3rd Challenger I see is orange.
For 2009, the most popular color was Brilliant Black followed by Hemi-Orange and Tor-Red. Here is the distribution:

Brilliant Black- 31.03%; 9,776
Hemi-Orange- 17.99%, 5,668
Tor-Red- 13.76%; 4,334
Silver- 9.82%; 3,094
DW Blue- 7.31%; 2,302
Stone White- 6.68%; 2,103
Inferno-Red- 6.63%; 2,089
Titanium- 4.37%; 1,375
B5 Blue- 2.41%; 759

·
Registered
683 Posts
It amazes me how many people buy black - most people own a black car once in their lives, after owning one and seeing how hard it is to keep the finish looking good, I will never get black again.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The brilliant black pearl on this car is stunning. Nothing better than a clean black challenger in the sun. I notice I get more thumbs up and stares in a clean car on a sunny day. When it is dirty I blend in with all the other black cars.
I wonder what is the most popular color is in the camaro and mustang? I need to do some research.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The brilliant black pearl on this car is stunning. Nothing better than a clean black challenger in the sun. I notice I get more thumbs up and stares in a clean car on a sunny day. When it is dirty I blend in with all the other black cars.
I wonder what is the most popular color is in the camaro and mustang? I need to do some research.
I was thinking of getting black if they don't bring back HO. Never owned black because I heard it is not worth it, but that classic R/T on the 2011 website with the red stripes looks awesome. I know the orange on the camaro is the third most popular, after black and silver. Not sure about Mustang. Mustang's colors have no variety though. It's basically blue, black ,silver or red.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a 04 GTO in black and it was a love hate relationship. I would refuse to drive it dirty unless i absolutely had to and it drove my wife crazy. The 04 GTO styling was so bland that i felt like it had to be clean to make it's presence known but a black challenger is a different story much better styling for sure. But i would have to agree i will probally never buy a black car again i even painted my 1958 plymouth semigloss black and 6 months later i sold her and i owned that car for 17 years. The only other car i would even remotely consider owning in black would be a 87 Buick Grand National that car was born to be painted black and no other color in my opinion. Also in my opinion H.O. for the challenger is a must for every year it was the color for the concept back in 06 and the Camaro's color was silver so to me Dodge should always offer H.O. for the challenger. It would be like painting the General Lee Toxic Orange it's just not the same.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I am really wanting a new Ram Sport pickup. I don't mine the black Challenger as I enjoy keeping it clean because I just love this car. If I get a Ram truck IT WILL NOT BE BLACK. I am really liking that truck in white or Inferno Red.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
It amazes me how many people buy black - most people own a black car once in their lives, after owning one and seeing how hard it is to keep the finish looking good, I will never get black again.
....my Challenger is my 4th black vehicle. ;)

I can certainly understand how some can be turned off by black since it does tend to show blemishes and dirt easier the many other colors. In my case, detailing has always been of an interest of mine through the years. I have also acquired tools, products & techniques that make it much simpler/effective for me to correct and maintain my vehicles. It also helps that my past two black cars have been my personal/weekend mode of transportation. ....my daily driver is a light gold metallic. :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I bought my Challenger yesterday, there was another guy test driving an HO. I went up to him and told him to get it now because they are changing the color in 2011 to Toxic Orange. He said "Seriously" and put a sour look on his face. All the salesmen said that they were mad at Dodge for taking HO away because its a top selling color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts