Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 09 srt. Twice in two years, have experienced a dead battery (doesn't get driven enough).
Jump start it, good to go, then find all controls for HVAC not lit up or functioning.

Both times "reset" (pulled and reinstalled) two 10 amp fuses in the trunk (don't remember #'s but are labled in the manual) and all HVAC controls back to normal.

Just throwing this out there for others.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copied from the owner's manual.
First number is fuse number (on mine) so # 14, #41.
These are the two I "reset".

#14 — 10 Amp
Red
AC Heater Control/
Cluster/Security Module​
- if equipped

#41 — 10 Amp
Red
AC Heater Control/
Headlights/Tire Pressure
Monitoring - if​
equipped

·
Registered
59 Posts
exact thing just happened to me. dead battery after not driving for a week. will try the fuse pull to see if it fixes the ac. can you charge the battery and do you hook up the charger under the hood to the posts? thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
pulled fuses. got hvac working. remote start doesn't work. have to take to dealership. wonder if I need to install stock tune for this visit?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have the same problem as furious after a dead battery....no A/C, no vent control, no defogger, etc. I pulled fuse #14, #41, #42, and #43. All is back to normal.

Thanks for the tip. Saved me a trip to the dealer. :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
So that's what the dealer charges me for! Thanks.

I found another problem with letting my battery go flat a few times--it cuts battery life in half. I eventually got a trickle charger with an adapter so I can plug it in to the power point inside the console compartment. That way I don't forget it's hooked up before I drive off.

Fewer battery replacements will pay for my charger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem this past weekend! I didn't pull the fuse, I just disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a while. According to my electrical engineer friend, it's the same thing as pulling the fuse. Mine is working now, however, I still went to Dodge since i already had an appointment. They told me my control board need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey sam just replied on your other thread. If the hvac is working correctly there is no need to replace it.Low voltages, voltage spikes and static electricity can cause these modules to lock up. Im talking about all modules in your car.It seams to be a computer thing. Its allways a good idea to do a battery disconnect when these tyoe of problems crop up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dèad battery...now no A/C and airbag light on

Tried the battery disconnect, recharge, reinstall. This did reset the radio which was also not functioning.
Pulled #14,41= no reset of A/C or airbag
Pulled #14,41,42,43= no reset of A/C or airbag
:(
Other ideas guys and gals??

·
Premium Member
2010 Challenger SRT8
631 Posts
Many thanks to the OP for this post. I have 2010 SRT8 and battery was completely dead. Jumped off car and everything but the A/C was running. Pulled Fuse #14 , checked to ensure not blown (it was fine), reinstalled, and A/C now works. ** On my 2010, fuse #41 is an empty slot **

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,the ac/heat controls are not working in my 2010 charger. I've tried everything that has been suggested on here, and it still isn't working. The blower won't come on, the ac and rear defrost doesn't work. The lights work, but nothing else is working. I replaced the control unit and removed/replaced fuses. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dèad battery...now no A/C and airbag light on

Tried the battery disconnect, recharge, reinstall. This did reset the radio which was also not functioning.
Pulled #14,41= no reset of A/C or airbag
Pulled #14,41,42,43= no reset of A/C or airbag
:(
Other ideas guys and gals??

Were you ever able to fix this problem? I have same exact problem and tried everything...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts