Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Long story short, i replaced my HID headlight assembly, Ballast and Bulbs, hooked up the connectors.......no lights. I have a wire tester (not Multi-meter) and i am getting power for low beam and hi-beam. These are my first HID lights, is there something i need to do besides connect everything, some sort of activation process? The old lights took on water, should i discard the cable that connects the ballast to the bulbs, could that be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...in case anyone is out there. I tested the power for the connecter, i have power on hi and lo beams as well as good grounds. I too the headlight assemble, checked connections and tried to power them up directly, still no lights. i tried a third brand new ballast, still nothing. what are the odds that i have two bad brand new headlights? Is it possible the ballast cable connecting to the headlights could be bad?

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
So, are you replacing your original HID's with the same Mopar HID's or are you using aftermarket HID's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the continuity in the ballast cable and it has 0.7 ohms of resistance, is this too much? i am starting with 13 volts so i should be getting ample voltage right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ballasts i received were Dorman 601-061 which the Dorman products site said they will not fit my vehicle, but should they work? the connectors match up and the physical apppearance is identical replica to OEM. whats inside them that makes them work or not?

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
Probably try another ballast to see if that might be the cause.

Its unlikely to have two bad bulbs -especially since you have a name brand that's used as OEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone is following. i received the first of two OEM ballast today, installed it and there is light, Praise God! lesson learned, can trust Amazon to be certain you got the right product, the Dorman ballast are not compatible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts