Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No codes with catless mids

I have a custom tune for a cam in my R/T, I am wondering if anyone has been able to turn off the rear o2 sensors for no engine light. I know DS did an update to where the user can't go in and shut it off ourselves, but my question is since I already have a custom tune would my tuner just be able to send me a new tune with the rear o2 sensors shut off and adjusted for the catless mids? Maybe Mike from DiabloSport will chime in...

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
It can be done - I had noticed when I was doing my trial runs with custom tunes that the OBD-II system wasn't going into Ready State (all systems functioning).

I emailed a question to the tuner about that - he had done that (turned off rear O2's) to get front O2 readings only before finalizing the tune to see what the primary A/F ratios and O2 content looked like...

If you have emissions inspections, you'd need the rear O2 sensors operational to pass the inspection (if done in your area), as they connect to the OBD-II port to read what the system sees.

Otherwise, you'd have to load an OEM tune or one with the sensors all operating, drive and enough cold start/warm up cycles to reach Ready State before your inspection. Then, re-load your custom tune after all was done.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks I don't have emissions testing where I am at so that wouldn't be a problem. I just don't wanna look at the code everyday. After I get out of the military I plan on moving to VA or GA, idk if they have emissions testing if so then I'll just keep the stock mids so when that time comes I can swap them out.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Okay, thanks I don't have emissions testing where I am at so that wouldn't be a problem. I just don't wanna look at the code everyday. After I get out of the military I plan on moving to VA or GA, idk if they have emissions testing if so then I'll just keep the stock mids so when that time comes I can swap them out.
Where are you at in Texas? Travis and Williamson Counties use the OBD connector and they look for non-modified tune and that the O2s are working. I'm getting ready to go catless myself and have a B&G tune with the O2s shut off. Game plan is to put the catted mids on, swap the ECU to the stock one and drive it for a while then get it inspected.
Whoever did your custom tune should be able to turn off the rears.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Tuners now have a way to disable the rear O2 sensors and enable the OBD-II system to still be in a Ready state to pass emissions tests.

Johan has done this in my custom tune for my long tube headers.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where are you at in Texas? Travis and Williamson Counties use the OBD connector and they look for non-modified tune and that the O2s are working. I'm getting ready to go catless myself and have a B&G tune with the O2s shut off. Game plan is to put the catted mids on, swap the ECU to the stock one and drive it for a while then get it inspected.
Whoever did your custom tune should be able to turn off the rears.
I'm out in Taylor country (Abilene) non emissions testing country, yea I also am going to keep my stock mid pipe ready if I ever need it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuners now have a way to disable the rear O2 sensors and enable the OBD-II system to still be in a Ready state to pass emissions tests.

Johan has done this in my custom tune for my long tube headers.
Really? That's a good way to fool the OBD-II and not even worry about anything as long as they don't look under the car. Also Who is Johan and how can I get in contact with them? I hear people talking about their tunes and would like to talk to them about future tune adjust.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Really? That's a good way to fool the OBD-II and not even worry about anything as long as they don't look under the car. Also Who is Johan and how can I get in contact with them? I hear people talking about their tunes and would like to talk to them about future tune adjust.
Johan works for the tuning department at Diablo.He does custom tunes on the side,he is considered one of the best tuners for the hemi.

[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts