Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster...long time lurker. Got my mid-life crisis car last month and just took a picture of it after having the paint corrected and a ceramic coating applied. 2018 Challenger SRT 392. Car sat on the lot for over 2 years before I bought it. Price was just too good to pass up. Not the exact car I wanted(Indigo Blue T/A 392) but it's tough looking for certain options(mainly manual transmission). Figure for the price I got on this I can take care of it for a couple of years and then maybe trade it in. The only mods so far are an oil catch can, window tint, and the ceramic coating although I did just spend a few bucks online today for a few more items. I'm dealing with the mods in order of importance: Protection, Appearance, Function.

Btw...I've spent the last 15+ years driving a lifted Jeep TJ so this is a whole new world for me. I still have the Jeep but now I don't have to worry about tearing it up offroading.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,381 Posts
...I've spent the last 15+ years driving a lifted Jeep TJ so this is a whole new world for me. I still have the Jeep but now I don't have to worry about tearing it up offroading.
Nice car! As for the Jeep thing, way back, I used to have a 1986 Cherokee, basically stock with 31x10.50s on it. I traded it on a 1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. Both were well over 100K miles, Jeep had 170K+ Lincoln, maybe 128K?
I had the Jeep for 5 years, 1991-1996, and switching to the Lincoln, I had to basically learn how to drive a car like a normal person. No more "tactile parking" or up on the curb, and drop off for perfect spacing. Actually had to use normal exits and be concerned about driving over stuff I would typically ignore. You may want to spend some time getting used to that front splitter.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations and welcome in from Kentucky.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool ! welcome from Virginia !
Its Okay to have Challengers & Jeeps at the same time. I still have my old 98 TJ and my 2016 JKUR. They have their roles, which are way different than the Challenger !
Nice color Have a good one!
Best
Parrott

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,028 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,613 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Looks great (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Cool and somewhat rare color combo, looks great! :cool:
Welcome to the show.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
60 Posts
First time poster...long time lurker. Got my mid-life crisis car last month and just took a picture of it after having the paint corrected and a ceramic coating applied. 2018 Challenger SRT 392. Car sat on the lot for over 2 years before I bought it. Price was just too good to pass up. Not the exact car I wanted(Indigo Blue T/A 392) but it's tough looking for certain options(mainly manual transmission). Figure for the price I got on this I can take care of it for a couple of years and then maybe trade it in. The only mods so far are an oil catch can, window tint, and the ceramic coating although I did just spend a few bucks online today for a few more items. I'm dealing with the mods in order of importance: Protection, Appearance, Function.

Btw...I've spent the last 15+ years driving a lifted Jeep TJ so this is a whole new world for me. I still have the Jeep but now I don't have to worry about tearing it up offroading.

View attachment 987841
Looking awesome!

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
819 Posts
Congrats on the new 392. Nothing wrong at all with a MoPar household........especially with a Jeep in the mix.

A Billet Silver Grand Cherokee Limited resides next to Yeller in my garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice car! As for the Jeep thing, way back, I used to have a 1986 Cherokee, basically stock with 31x10.50s on it. I traded it on a 1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC. Both were well over 100K miles, Jeep had 170K+ Lincoln, maybe 128K?
I had the Jeep for 5 years, 1991-1996, and switching to the Lincoln, I had to basically learn how to drive a car like a normal person. No more "tactile parking" or up on the curb, and drop off for perfect spacing. Actually had to use normal exits and be concerned about driving over stuff I would typically ignore. You may want to spend some time getting used to that front splitter.
So far I haven't hit anything with the splitter yet but I did just change the oil for the first time. With my Jeep I just crawled under no problem. Even with ramps, on the Challenger I barely had room to move. I'm also use to jumping into my Jeep but now I just fall into the Challenger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats! I was watching that car too. Cant believe it sat that long. Great car!

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kernersville Dodge? Yeah I kept looking at it while I was looking for my Indigo Blue T/A 392. I told myself I wouldn't be happy until I at least went to look at this one. 3 hr drive for me. I don't know why they didn't manage to sell it when they first got it, but after 2 years it was looking kind of rough. They hadn't taken care of it. I passed on it at first but after a month and them lowering the price again I figured I couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on the new ride. Cool and somewhat rare color combo, looks great! :cool:
Welcome to the show.
According to the 2018 Production numbers, only 47 of this color were made and only 6 with manual transmission in the US. If I see it's twin on the road then I know there must be a glitch in the Matrix.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts