Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to day trying to get into the 11's on street tires, but it ended up being a frustrating day....

Best run:
12.205 @ 118.76 with a 2.126 60'

How crazy is this one:

12.388 @ 119.54 with a 2.326 60'

I would love to get a 1.7 or better 60' to see what it can really do. After 5 runs today, I about had it with the street tires.......

·
Registered
52 Posts
you need slicks bro, i ran 11.2 with semi slicks and 12.8 on street tires with the traction control on , without the traction control it was spinning the tires the whole way down the track till the wall jumped in the way and stopped it:notallthere:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
i knew you'd come around LMAO, get some wheels and tires you'll go 11's
Eric has a set for 2 grand, he might have sold them to sam already. If not buy them.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I'm reading you driller!!
I was going to just go with street tires also but after thinking about it no way JOSE I'm getting dedicated wheels and tires for the track! I have to go minimum 2 hours to race and the other tracks are 3.5 hours so when I get to go I'm gonna make some hay while the suns shinning.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you need slicks bro, i ran 11.2 with semi slicks and 12.8 on street tires with the traction control on , without the traction control it was spinning the tires the whole way down the track till the wall jumped in the way and stopped it:notallthere:
I should of have at least tried traction on one time just to see....I am getting rims and tires for sure...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i knew you'd come around LMAO, get some wheels and tires you'll go 11's
Eric has a set for 2 grand, he might have sold them to sam already. If not buy them.
For the amount of time I will be at the track, no way I am spending 2k on rims. I have to find a happy medium. The weld rims that Tony (demon) bought from HHP look nice. I seen them today. I have the whole winter to find someone selling good rims cheap....

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
For the amount of time I will be at the track, no way I am spending 2k on rims. I have to find a happy medium. The weld rims that Tony (demon) bought from HHP look nice. I seen them today. I have the whole winter to find someone selling good rims cheap....
how'd tony do changing his tires? what did he run?

5,134 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how'd tony do changing his tires? what did he run?
So far he shaved over .3 off his time! He ran a PB of 12.33 today!!!!

I know with more power, you REALLY REALLY need wheels now. I see guys running low 11's with my trap speeds and HP. Amazing how deep it gets. I said I would never get wheels for the track, and now I will never go again without them!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About time :) Drag racing is dangerous. Drag racing high-horsepower cars on street tires puts lives in danger.

This guy learned the hard way, but the rear end can swing loose for anyone of us by shifting 2nd hard:

Twin Turbo Challlenger VS Concrete wall on the drag strip!!!! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
To me, that had nothing to do with street tires. I had severe spins quite a few times, you got to let go!!! He tried to get it going. Run is over when you spin like that. That was all on the driver. I can run my car 20000 times on street tires and would never allow something like that to happen.

I do agree though that I am wasting time, and need the DR's though. I just really wanted to hit the 11's on street tires. I give up on that now....

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Yep, now you feel my frustration Desant. You did better than I could on street tires.

After seeing that video of the twin turbo hitting the wall, I don't think I'll go down the track in my car on street tires again.

What are the Weld wheels everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, now you feel my frustration Desant. You did better than I could on street tires.

After seeing that video of the twin turbo hitting the wall, I don't think I'll go down the track in my car on street tires again.

What are the Weld wheels everyone is talking about?

Demon has to chime in so we can get the model of them. I seen them today. They are really nice looking too! I do not want to play with the Cobra R rims. I know they fit, but I do not want mess around with it. I'd rather spend another 4 or 500 to get the right ones. Not like we will ever need another set.

Oh yeah, and much frustration. I am not upset at the times I ran on street tires, only that I could not pull an 11.9x on the street tires. 12.075 is too close to not get it. And I put the Arrington CAI on yesterday! I did not have that when I ran my 12.075....My trap speed as so high today. Almost 120!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
He was trying to do a 1/4 mile burnout. That's why he hit the wall.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That dork wasn't trying to make a good run. He was just dicking around and it bit him in the a$$. Gotta have more respect than that for your car.
who are you calling dork there!!! i got cocky and tried something you dont have the balls to do,i knew it might turn ugly but still did it, and im still here to talk and laugh about it, if you dont try you will never know the limit, it is all about having fun , im not a hardcore racer i just want to have a good time, and i did , at a price of course

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
who are you calling dork there!!! i got cocky and tried something you dont have the balls to do,i knew it might turn ugly but still did it, and im still here to talk and laugh about it, if you dont try you will never know the limit, it is all about having fun , im not a hardcore racer i just want to have a good time, and i did , at a price of course
I/E DORK, gotta be smarter than that bud. You need more car control go try in a open space next time nothing to hit. It can be done you need more practice.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Well, it's easy to say when you have big bucks and don't have to care. Not a bash, but I think it puts things in to perspective for folks who may not know.

Desant, I didn't wanna spend more than a couple hundred on track wheels so if the Welds are that much I made the right choice for me with the Cobra Rs. $110 a wheel and $15 hub centric rings and all is well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought the cobra wheels where a direct fit? I ran 12.98 on my stock RSA's is my Rt and babied it out of the hole. I have a set of goodyear drag radials 275/40-17 and thought all i needed to do was get a set of cobra wheels. Do they not fit?

1 - 20 of 239 Posts