Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to do cloth seats after paying this much. I am not a big fan of the suede. Is there any way to get complete leather like in the hell cat?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Never heard of them. Went to their site. It says seat covers. So how does this work? Do they just slip it over whatever seats you have or do they remove the existing material? Does this lower the value of the car or void the warrenty? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Interesting. Never heard of them. Went to their site. It says seat covers. So how does this work? Do they just slip it over whatever seats you have or do they remove the existing material? Does this lower the value of the car or void the warrenty? Thanks.
They replace the existing covers, very good quality.

I had them in my G8 and Silverado.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Challenger Man, where you located??

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Most dealers will get them and do the install before you get the car. Downside for me is no vented seats like the factory leather seat cars.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Katzkins work with vented seats, at least the did with the GM trucks.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
Katzkins work with vented seats, at least the did with the GM trucks.

Yes if you get the perforations in the seats and backs which Katzkin does offer, just have yet to see it on a dealer installation. Plus you still have the issue of no seat fans on a cloth seat car.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The shaker comes with leather if you don't get spag I think...(red leather)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yes if you get the perforations in the seats and backs which Katzkin does offer, just have yet to see it on a dealer installation. Plus you still have the issue of no seat fans on a cloth seat car.

I had mine dealer installed and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just ordered katzkin red leather with yellow stitching. Will post pics after install. Special order might take few weeks before I get delivery.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Used to be but that ended after 2016 ... it's all alcantara suede now.

Ahhh, thanks. I'm at 10k miles on my black alcantara and its holding up great so far thankfully...

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Just got a quote today for Katzkins. Too rich for my blood right now, but at least now I know how much they are. Talked to the Dodge dealer, they partner with Katzkin. They sent me to the upholstery shop that installs them for Dodge. The owner told me that Katzkins are cheaper than what he could make from scratch in house. He said he installs them all the time. He showed me some. Wow. They are super sharp, great quality, nice and tight. He quoted me about 1100 complete for redoing the front seats in Katzkin.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts

Katzkin does offer both heated and cooled installs. They put the switches right below the radio. My brother had the whole system installed in his '13 R/t when I had mine done. I didn't get the heat/cooled version myself. Unfortunately for him, both of us got crazy and traded our cars for Scat Packs a couple of months after getting the Katzkins so he never really got any use from it.
However, they do sell complete systems.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Just got a quote today for Katzkins. Too rich for my blood right now, but at least now I know how much they are. Talked to the Dodge dealer, they partner with Katzkin. They sent me to the upholstery shop that installs them for Dodge. The owner told me that Katzkins are cheaper than what he could make from scratch in house. He said he installs them all the time. He showed me some. Wow. They are super sharp, great quality, nice and tight. He quoted me about 1100 complete for redoing the front seats in Katzkin.
Should be able to get it done for $850-$1000 for the whole interior (front and back seats). Most dealerships will include this at no cost as a bonus to make a deal. That's really very cheap considering you're reupholstering your whole interior.

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
But on a new car included in the deal, will be more after the fact.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Should be able to get it done for $850-$1000 for the whole interior (front and back seats). Most dealerships will include this at no cost as a bonus to make a deal. That's really very cheap considering you're reupholstering your whole interior.
That is what mine did!!! You just explained it to me. I got it and have no sign of it on the bill. It was like an extra.
Truly I am Blessed!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts