Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts
18 shaker r/t plus. Manuel 5.7 electric steering
Is the car still under warranty? If not Autozone sells a Brand New Duralast one not remanfactured you will have to order it though takes about 2 days to get it almost 375.00 less then a new Mopar one.Also you need to buy the Fluid for the Electric Pump its not same as std Power Steering Fluid about 25.00 a quart. Its tucked under the Right Side behind the Inner Fender Plastic Shield on the Bottom. You dont have virtually any room to check the fluid without a Mirror and Flashlight.

When they fail you got about a 1500.00 replacement with OEM about $1,000.00 with the Duralast one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the car still under warranty? If not Autozone sells a Brand New Duralast one not remanfactured you will have to order it though takes about 2 days to get it almost 375.00 less then a new Mopar one.Also you need to buy the Fluid for the Electric Pump its not same as std Power Steering Fluid about 25.00 a quart. Its tucked under the Right Side behind the Inner Fender Plastic Shield on the Bottom. You dont have virtually any room to check the fluid without a Mirror and Flashlight.

When they fail you got about a 1500.00 replacement with OEM about $1,000.00 with the Duralast one.
YouR telling me my cluster is bad? I have no power steering assist

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am saying your Powersteering Pump Failed if now it feels like your driving a heavy piece of construction equipment at low speeds. ................

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
How can a power steering pump fail on a vehicle with no power steering pump?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There is an Electric Power Steering Pump, MFG's did this to reduce Emissions and Drag on the Engine.
They no longer use Mechanical Belt Pulley Style on most vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
There is an Electric Power Steering Pump, MFG's did this to reduce Emissions and Drag on the Engine.
They no longer use Mechanical Belt Pulley Style on most vehicles.
the electro-hydraulic system was on '11 - '14 models

the '15+ use Electric Power Assist (exc. '15 - '17 Hellcats) so any SXT, R/T, Scat Pack in the LA series doesn't have a pump or hydraulic setup

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser
1 - 7 of 7 Posts