Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My remote will not work in the cold and I searched this and other forums the dealer is at a loss but I did read where someone thought it could be low batt voltage. so I hooked up my batt charger and after plugging it in it worked. Now I wonder what can they do to remedy it? it is 1 year old and I think a new batt will do the same. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Do you drive the car daily? So the battery is fully charged?

Do you have any aftermarket accessories that might be causing battery drain when the car is not in use?

Otherwise I would say you need to get a battery capacity check and charging system check to find the cause of the low battery voltage.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Is the car in your garage with another car parked beside it?
If so, you could be blocking the signal. Try raising the kfob to around head level.
Also, if you have made (3) remote starts in a row the remote function wont work
till you do a manual start (I think this is in the manual).
...Seamaster...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I recently talked to a mechanic who told me of a peson who was unable to use the remote start due to what they beleive as radio interference in her neighborhood. In short, the owner could not start her vehicle while parked at her residence. The dealership took back the vehicle and they're trying to understand the problem. She lives directly adjacennt to a headquarters of a large fire department and they are looking at that as a possible source.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I noticed yesterday that my remote start won't work with the trunk open (just honks once).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts